Do you want to Convert a company file from one software to another? Well, if so then you need a conversion tool for this. Intuit, the developer of QuickBooks offers a conversion tool to help you convert the company file from another program to QuickBooks company file. This tool helps you in converting the company file from different programs. Here are the possible conversions that can be done using this tool:
QuickBooks 2017 > QuickBooks Desktop Premier > QuickBooks Desktop Premier 2018
QuickBooks Premier Pro 2018 > QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise Solutions 18.0
This tool doesn’t compromise any data while completing the conversion process. To get deeper insights into the QuickBooks conversion tool and the procedure to use it, go through the full article. In this article, we have provided the downloading process of the conversion tool as well. For further details, contact our QuickBooks ProAdvisors at our helpline number ++1-844-539-0188. They will assist you with all your problems related to QuickBooks.
You should also read: QuickBooks File Doctor: How to Repair your Damaged Company file or Network?
What is QuickBooks Conversion Tool?
QuickBooks Conversion Tool is one of the very useful tools of QuickBooks among tools like QB Tool Hub and QB Install Diagnostic Tool. Converting company files from other programs becomes very easy with this tool. This tool also allows you to use files from software like Excel, MS Word, and other third-party software. Most importantly this tool is very safe and doesn’t risk your data.
What can be converted using this tool?
- Account, Employee, Item, Customer and Vendor Lists
- Account Balances
- Customer and Vendor Transactions
- Employee Profile and Contact Info
- Payroll General Ledger Account Balance Info
- Paychecks (Convert as Journal Entries)
What it can’t convert?
- Payroll Transactions and Employee year-to-date Info (Paychecks, year-to-date Adjustments)
- Work Tickets
- Fixed Assets
- Individual Employee Wage or Deduction Information
- Closed or Partially Closed Sales Orders, Purchase Orders and Estimates.
Important Note: You can only covert Sage 50 and QuickBooks Desktop from the same region. If you are using a US version of the software then you can only convert it to a US version of QuickBooks Desktop.
You might find this helpful: How to Resolve QuickBooks Error H505?
What are the Benefits of QuickBooks Conversion Tool?
The below-mentioned points are some benefits of the conversion tool. Let’s go through them:
- The tool permits the setup procedure for the conversion of QuickBooks Files.
- It does not change the existing data files.
- This tool further helps in understanding the current situation of business.
- The conversion tool creates a log for every conversion to maintain the records tactfully.
- Provides import list selection. This helps you list your positive/minus balances and past transactions at once.
- The tool helps you import the data from the new QuickBooks company.
- If the tool guarantees that the security of the data cannot be compromised during the conversion.
What are the System Requirements for QuickBooks Conversion Tool?
You must ensure that your system is compatible with the tool or not, before starting with it. There are some system requirements that you should fulfill to operate the Conversion tool.
- Operating system: Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8
- Processor: 500 MHz Intel Pentium II
- Memory: 512 MB
- Hard drive: 2.5 GB free space.
- Microsoft .NET framework: Version 2.0 is the least.
- QuickBooks Desktop: Pro, Premier, or Enterprise 2018.
- Sage 50: Version 2013 and above
Note: The operating system must be either Windows 7, 8, 10, or Windows Vista, Windows XP.
- .NET 2.0 framework should be installed.
- QuickBooks Desktop should be installed properly and registered.
- RAM storage should be a minimum of 512 MB or above.
Also Read: How to Fix QuickBooks Unrecoverable Error?
How to Download QuickBooks Conversion Tool?
The steps mentioned below are helpful for the successful download of the conversion tool.
Step 2: Search for and open the folder having the downloaded file.
Step 3: After that, right-click on the QuickBooks Conversion Tool icon and choose properties.
Step 4: Under the compatibility mode, select the checkbox to run this program compatibility and then select from the dropdown the window operating system being used.
Step 5: Now click on the OK button, right-click the file QuickBooksConversionToolSetup.exe, and choose run as admin.
What are the Steps to Use QuickBooks Conversion Tool?
The below-listed set of steps is the right way to use the QuickBooks Conversion tool. Let’s take a look at these steps:
Step 1: Double-click on the Conversion Tool and open it.
Step 2: Now two options will appear on the screen i.e. My Client Company or My own company. Select any one of them.
Step 3: Also, select the accounting software.
Step 4: Click Next and also choose the Company File and click Next again.
Step 5: Now you need to choose the QuickBooks Product and go to the folder where the Company file is saved and click Next.
Step 6: Later on, go for the Conversion levels as per the list that you see on the screen and click Next.
Step 7: Select the Accounting Preferences as per the date and name of the company and also click Next.
Step 8: Now check all the details, click on Start and finally click on Finish when the process is completed.
Check This Out: How to Resolve QuickBooks Error 6000?
Steps to Convert from Sage 50 to QuickBooks Desktop
Let’s discuss the procedure to convert from Sage 50 to QuickBooks Desktop in detail.
Step 1: Set up the Data Access Credentials
- Launch the Sage Application and open the company file.
- Also, go to the Main menu and choose Maintain, along with the Users and Setup security tab.
- Further, click on Data access/crystal reports.
- Also, click on Change to set the password followed by selecting Close Sage.
Step 2: Select the Sage Company File
- Download and install the QuickBooks Conversion Tool from the Intuit website.
- Next, you need to run and use the tool as an administrator.
- Now, you need to right-click on the QuickBooksConversionToolSetup.exe file and also select the “Run as administrator” option.
- After that, click the Browse option in the Database Name window and select the company file.
- Finally, select your company name and click the OK tab.
Step 3: Convert Company Files
- Select the QuickBooks version you want to convert in Sage and locate the folder where you want to save your QuickBooks files.
- Furthermore, click Next.
- Now verify that the information is correct in the new window and click the Convert File option.
- This process may take some time and you have to wait until you see the Complete message.
- Open the QuickBooks file to see if the process was completed successfully.
Step 4: Verify the conversion.
In this step, you must select the option to open in QuickBooks after the tool completes its task. You need to check the data in QuickBooks and make sure everything is there.
Next, you need to check the transfer protocol.
- Open the Windows Start menu.
- Moreover, search and open File Explorer.
- Go to C:\USER\[Windows username]\My Documents\Intuit\QuickBooks.
- Check the failed transaction log file in the folder.
Here you can check if your data is being transferred.
Errors you might face: How to Resolve QuickBooks Error 12157?
Steps to convert Quicken to QuickBooks Desktop
Users of Quicken 2011 and earlier versions can easily switch to QuickBooks by following the steps below.
- First, download the QuickBooks Conversion Tool. If you are converting from same-year QuickBooks to same-year QuickBooks, you do not need this tool. This tool is very effective and necessary if your QuickBooks is newer than Quicken.
- You must start the Quicken converter and click the Next tab.
- Also, accept the terms of the license agreement, click Next, and then click Installation Options.
- Next, select Start Quicken Converter and click the Finish tab.
- Furthermore, you need to select the Transfer data from Quicken to Windows option and select the Get Started option.
- Next, you need to select the Open data file located on this system option and click on the File tab to browse for the file.
- You also need to click on the Convert and OK tabs.
- When finished, click Save to save the updated Quicken file and also select the Exit option. Quicken files are not up-to-date.
- Moreover, launch QuickBooks Desktop.
- Go to the Files, along with Utilities tab.
- In addition to that, select the Convert from Quicken and Convert option.
- The last step in this process is to follow the on-screen instructions.
Limitations of QuickBooks Conversion Tool
In addition to the features listed above, the QuickBooks Conversion Tool also has certain limitations. These limits apply to importing data, transactions, and account balances from other financial software into QuickBooks. This is useful for converting employee list information, including social security numbers, payroll, also general ledger balance information. There is certain payroll information that cannot be converted using the QuickBooks conversion tool. This includes QB payroll, employee current-year information, payroll items, individual employee wages, and more. Additionally, work estimates, fixed asset work tickets, and subsequently completed or partially completed sales orders, estimates, and purchase orders may not be converted using the conversion tool.
Now as we end this article here, we hope that the information provided is very helpful for you in understanding the use of QuickBooks Conversion Tool. However, if there are still any questions, then you can consult our tech experts at ++1-844-539-0188. We are a team of certified professionals with years of experience tend to assist you all round the clock. So, please feel free to contact us anytime we are here to help you out and answer all your QuickBooks-related queries.
Additional Related Articles: