All that you need to know about QuickBooks Unrecoverable Error and it’s solution
QuickBooks is unarguably one of the best accounting software in the world. It offers wide range of services and has been helping small and medium businesses with their finances. Each year the software is launched with new features which make accounting and bookkeeping hassle free. Even though QuickBooks is very useful software to use but many a time customer face few technical errors. Data issues, network problems and more. One of the very common one is the QuickBooks unrecoverable error and in this article we will discuss all about this issue. You may receive this error while opening or working in your QB Desktop. Below we have shared few of the causes of Unrecoverable Errors in QB desktop. So keep read on!
Read Also: Resolve Error: QuickBooks is unable to send your email to Outlook
What is Unrecoverable error in QuickBooks Desktop?
QuickBooks Unrecoverable Error indicates that the software has experienced critical application fault. It displays one of 50 different numeric error codes each of them consisting of 10 digits in a 5-digit space 5 digits sequence (e.g. 15144 57386). This error happens majorly when you open your fill or when you try to Save, Print, or Ship icon at the top of a transaction. To save your time and efforts you can speak with one of our representative, please contact us at our QuickBooks support number i.e. +1-888-351-0999
List of the Unrecoverable Errors
Below are few of the unrecoverable errors that comes in QuickBooks desktop:
|00000 14775||13730 84631||00227 55008|
|19758 63847||20103 33023||20888 41171|
|15563 13890||02457 79428||13824 75582|
|00000 15204||00551 46274|
Causes of Unrecoverable Error in QuickBooks
The most common reasons why you get an unrecoverable error are:
- QuickBooks getting crashed
- Missing QuickBooks or Windows updates
- Network issues
- Data damage
- A window or windows were left open while closing the file.
- QuickBooks didn’t close properly.
- When QuickBooks components doesn’t start properly or the dynamic link library (DLL) files are missing or corrupted due to the system clutter.
- Computer and technical issues
- Your security programs are falsely marked unsafe to any QB program file.
How to Recognize QuickBooks unrecoverable error?
- Sudden crash in QuickBooks while opening or working
- Update stops or remains incomplete
- Closing of main program window
- QuickBooks freezes or not working properly
- Files and transactions remaining unsaved
In what situations this error occurs?
The following error can be experienced in the said situations:
- One of the basic situations can be when you make use of the direct deposit to send payroll
- Another situation is when the user accessing the feature named open previous company
- In case of making a backup of the company file
- Moreover, when the user runs, verify or rebuild utility
- Another case can be when upgrading the payroll software
- You can also experience this issue while saving a record of a transaction
- When importing the accountant’s changes
- Seeing an unrecoverable error at the time of running rebuild utility
- Or while emailing, saving or printing the documents of QuickBooks
Ways to Fix QuickBooks Unrecoverable Error
The Following are simple solution to QuickBooks Unrecoverable error. However, before trying these fixes ensure that the QuickBooks Desktop is up to date.
Solution 1: Run Reboot.bat file
- Find the reboot.bat file under “C:\Program Files (x86) \Intuit\QuickBooks xxx Ver 00.0” (xxx denotes your QuickBooks Version & 00.0 denotes the current version of your QuickBooks).
- Click right on “Reboot.bat file” and run the file as administrator
- Then, open your program to check if the problem has resolved and if not, then again reboot your computer and try again.
Solution 2: Change the way you save the Form
- You either have to use the Save & Close button or Save & New button which is at the bottom of the form to save the transaction.
- When you are saving the transaction do not leave the cursor on a blank line of the sales form, instead leave it on a line that has some item filled in.
- Click on To Be Printed before you save the transaction.
- To print it go to File and then Print Forms.
- If you face the unrecoverable error in QuickBooks when you are printing, then make modifications or edit your preferences.
- Click on Preferences from the Edit Menu and select it
- Under the Company Preferences tab, click on Clear Save Transactions before you click the printing check box.
- Tap on OK to save changes.
Solution 3: Open QuickBooks in safe mode and prevent it opening from all the windows
- First of all, Press Alt+Ctrl+Del keys from your keyboard and go to the Task manager.
- Close all the QuickBooks processes under processes tabs.
- Press and hold the Ctrl (Control Key) + V to “Start QuickBooks in Safe Mode” and then double click the Program Icon.
- Continue to press Control Key (Ctrl) till the launch of QuickBooks application and till you sees the “No Company File Open Screen”.
- Release the key when QuickBooks opens without any error. Before you attempt to open the company file, close and open application normally 2-3 times to make sure that the problem is fixed.
- After checking the application properly, open your company file by pressing the Alternate Key (Alt key) and holding till file opens. Close and open the file 2-3 times to check if it is fixed properly.
See Also: What are the latest features of QuickBooks premier 2020?
Solution 4: Open the “Sample File”
Do ensure that QuickBooks is closed when you follow the below mentioned steps.
- First double click on the QuickBooks icon and then hold the CTRL key
- Don’t release the CTRL key till the New Company open screen is displayed
- After this click on Open a sample file
- Select any company file from the list opens
- You will be asked to restore or update the Sample File click on Yes to continue with it.
Solution 5: ‘Use QuickBooks Clean Install Tool’ to refresh the QuickBooks installation folder
- Close the programs of QuickBooks and its processes from Task Manager.
- Download QuickBooks clean install tool” and run it to refresh the QuickBooks folders.
Note: Get your “QuickBooks License Number and Product Code Information Handy” before moving to the next step.
- Select QuickBooks from the installed programs list by going to the control panel.
- Select Uninstall / Change from the top and follow the uninstall instructions till the end.
- Restart your computer and Update your windows
- Download the QuickBooks again and select the correct values from the drop-down menus on the page.
- Follow the installation wizard and run the setup till the end and ensure if QuickBooks works.
- A simple thing to do is uninstall and then reinstall QuickBooks software using clean install utility.
Solution 6: Run Windows System file checker
- At First, click on Start key and type command on the search box.
- Press CTRL+SHIFT keys together and Press Enter key.
- You will get a Prompt box on your desktop screen, hit a click on Yes.
- A black screen will open on your computer screen.
- Now type sfc/scannow and hit on Enter key.
- The scan process will begin. You have to wait for few minutes until it completes.
- Once the procedure done, just follow the on-screen commands to resolve unrecoverable error in QuickBooks desktop.
Read Also: What is QuickBooks remote access?
Solution 7: Repair with “QuickBooks Component Repair Tool“
- Download the QuickBooks component repair tool and install it.
- Run the tool and follow the instructions of the wizard.
- Reboot your computer by updating the windows
- Open the program to check if the problem is fixed.
Solution 8: Fixing the error manually
- The user needs to try to repair the QuickBooks software
- Furthermore, download and run the QuickBooks install diagnostic tool
- After that reinstall QuickBooks clean install
- And try fixing the microsoft components manually
- Reinstalling the microsoft.net framework
- Try to recover the microsoft MSXML
- Ensure to uninstall and reinstall Microsoft Visual C++
- Reboot .exe file
Solution 9: Shut download the QuickBooks from accessing all windows
- Here you are required to press ALT key
- Furthermore, double click the QuickBooks icon
- You are now required to release the alt key if your system brings a dialog box then release the alt key
- Now, provide the password for the account that you logged into
- After that click on ok tab
- Post that tap the alt key if the software is launched
- Conclude the process by leaving the ALT key
- Close all the apps running in the background when you access the QuickBooks application
Solution 10: Suppressing the QB desktop when accessing the company file
- Under this process, press ctrl key
- After that launch the QuickBooks application icon
- Open the no company open window and press ctrl tab
- Now, you need to move towards the no company open window
- Post that choose the company file
- Once done with that press the alt key
- The user is then required to select the open tab
- The next step is to release the alt key after you are redirected to the login details
- After that, enter the login credentials
- Don’t release the alt key till the login page pops up
- The last step is to click on ok tab
Solution 11: Running quick fix my program
- Start the process by closing the QuickBooks desktop
- After that, download the upgraded version of QuickBooks tool hub
- Post that ensure you save the file
- In case tool hub is already installed, then try to acknowledge its version
- Select the home tab
- Just access the file which you have downloaded successfully
- Keep in mind that the file was saved as QuickBookstoolhub.exe
- Perform the onscreen steps to install and agree
- In case the installation process ends, then click on agree tab
- Double click the tool hub and access it
- Select the tab to choose the tab named program problems
- Also, choose quick fix my program
- Run the tool and close all the programs running in the background
- Start the QuickBooks desktop and the data file
Solution 12: Verify the number of users
In case regular user cannot access:
- Start the process by clicking on setup users and passwords
- Post that, select setup users
- And also head to the enterprise users
- Click on the user options in the company menu
- Click on the icon named setup customers and roles
- After that click on add user
- Provide the relevant user name along with the password
- Also click on next tab
- Ensure that you are not using the damaged user name
- Once done with that try to customize the customer according to your wish
- Click on finish tab
- And also head to the file menu
- Select the close company/log off
- With the new login credentials sig in to the file
If admin user cannot access
- Here, you need to first close QuickBooks
- After that, download the QuickBooks tool hub
- Choose the QuickBooks file doctor tool
- Let the tool scan for issues
- And perform the necessary steps that appear
The above mentioned solutions will fix the QuickBooks Unrecoverable error and if still it remains unresolved you can reach out to the QuickBooks pro technical support number i.e. 1-888-351-0999 to get help and support.