Learn the easy steps to open a QBW file without using QuickBooks Desktop:
Seeking for steps to successfully open QBW without QuickBooks? Well, if that is the case, then your search ends right here. QuickBooks is loaded with features and functionalities, and to make things a bit easier, the files here are differentiated with file extensions. QuickBooks users might often try to open qbw file without opening QuickBooks but end up in a failure. A data file contains important information in the form of different file extensions, .qbw is one of them. Opening a .qbw extension file without using QuickBooks can save a lot of time for users and they can access data files from anywhere.
To make the process easier for you, here we are with this guide sharing the complete set of steps that can be performed. Thus, if you are interested in finding out the steps involved in this process, make sure to read this post till the end. Or you can also get in touch with our 24*7 QuickBooks error support experts at +1-888-351-0999 and we will provide you with instant support services. We are a team of certified QuickBooks professionals who work round the clock in providing immediate support and assistance to all QuickBooks users.
Brief into the Open QBW File without QuickBooks
Talking the qbw file extension, it is basically the core of the QuickBooks accounting software. All the files that are created in the software are saved in this format. Many users aren’t aware of this extension. It is essential to understand a little about it. QBW is basically a type of file extension used for the QuickBooks company data file. It carries financial data, letters, images, logos, and templates. The qbw file also carries sensitive data making it important for users to have a backup of the file stored at various locations. To open qbw file without opening QuickBooks, the user can try performing the steps below. Here are the files that use this extension.
- Financial data:
- Cash flow projector
- Loan manager
- Business Planner
- Financial Statement Designer
Why are file extensions needed in QuickBooks?
One might require file extensions in QuickBooks due to the following reasons.
- Note that the file extensions are used to recognize or categorize the authentication of the company files.
- Moreover, these extensions make keeping files easy.
- Also, the extensions are great when it comes to security purposes.
- The files extensions are used to allow users to spot the nature of the file’s contents just by seeing them.
- Identification of all kinds of documents by looking at the filename becomes easier, due to file extensions.
Steps to Open QuickBooks File Without QuickBooks Desktop
The user can make use of the below set of steps to open the qbw files without using QuickBooks Desktop. Let us have a look:
- The very first step is to click on the start menu.
- After that, click on the All-programs tab.
- The user is then required to open up the screen and scroll down and click on the intuit option.
- Once done with that, open QuickBooks from the folder.
- The user is now required to pick the company file he/she wishes to export from QuickBooks.
- This can be done by clicking on the open option and then enter in the password if needed.
- Now, the user simply needs to agree to the customer, vendor, or employee list.
- These options are available on top of the screen.
- After which, the user will have to click on the customer center.
- Note that, the QBW can be imported to an excel report.
- This can be done by taking the excel option at the top of the screen and then choosing the export excel option.
- Now, click on the export option after saving the file.
- After that, the user is supposed to open the imported file.
- This file might need excel version 2010 or later.
- It is recommended to adopt the current version of excel, to access the QBW files without using QuickBooks.
- The next step is to click on the data tab.
- And move forward to clicking on the other resources tab.
- The user is now required to watch out for the QBW file in windows and then direct it.
- In case it isn’t available in windows, then look for the file separately.
- Now, click on the New .qbw file that will open up directly.
You may visit: How to Resolve QuickBooks Error Code 1016 – Bank Feed Error?
Steps to Convert a .QBX file to a normal .QBW file
If you are also searching for the steps that can be performed to convert QBX file to a normal .qbw file, then the below set of steps can be performed. The users have the option to open the qbw file without opening QuickBooks by converting the QuickBooks file. The steps that can be performed here are as follows:
- To start of the process, one simply needs to open the QuickBooks file (.QBX or .QBA).
- Once done with that, head to the file menu.
- Go for the send company file.
- Opt for the accountant’s copy.
- After that, choose to convert accountant’s copy to company file/QBW.
- Also, click on ok tab.
- Once done with that, go for the location where he/she wishes to save the converted .QBW file and then hit save.
- The last step is to end the process by clicking on OK tab.
Read also: Methods to Fix QuickBooks Error 1911
Note that the option to create a .QBX file is available for users to send the company file to the accountant. Right now, the ability to convert an accountant’s copy to a working file (.QBA) or a regular company file is only possible in the QuickBooks desktop accountant edition.
Opening qbw file without using QuickBooks is possible with the steps that we have elaborated in this segment today. Thus, make sure to perform the necessary steps to open the file easily. On the contrary, if you are stuck at some point in time, or if you require our assistance, then, in that case, connecting with our QuickBooks tech support professionals at +1-888-351-0999 would surely help. We are a team of certified QuickBooks professionals having years of experience and expertise in helping businesses with their QuickBooks-related queries.