This article is going to discuss upon QuickBooks error code 16026 that occurs when downloading updates related to QuickBooks desktop. The user might end up in such an error due to corrupted QuickBooks company file. Another common reason leading to such an error can be an older version of QuickBooks being used. Fixing this error is possible by simply repairing the data damage in QuickBooks. If you are also facing any such error, then going through the article till the end would surely help.
However, if the user wants any sort of expert assistance in fixing the QuickBooks error code 16026, then contacting our support team via our toll-free number i.e. 1-888-351-0999 is suggested. We are a team of technically sound accounting professionals, who will ensure to provide you with the best possible assistance immediately.
You may read also: A full guide to the QuickBooks error code 176109
What causes QuickBooks error code 16026?
One can land into such an error due to the below stated set of factors. Let us have a look:
- The very first reason can be if there is poor internet connection
- Also, if the user is having an older version of internet explorer
- The user can also end up in such an error if he/she hasn’t installed QuickBooks files properly
- Another common reason can be if there is unsupported version of QuickBooks software.
What steps are to be followed to fix the QuickBooks error code 16026?
The user can implement the below stated set of steps to successfully fix the QuickBooks error code 16026:
- The very first step is to launch the QuickBooks software
- After that, move to the financial institution catalog and also apply the steps written below
- The next step is to choose banking and also select online banking
- Once done with that, the user should move to the available financial institutions
- Heading forward, if the user sees financial institution directory on the screen, then it implies QuickBooks can access one of the Intuit’s online services.
- In case the user is able to access the internet from a web browser or QuickBooks, then it is suggested to try to update all the programs
- Heading forward, check for the internet explorer version by following the steps below:
- At first, the user should launch the internet explorer
- And then move to the help menu and select internet explorer
- The next step is to install the current version of internet explorer only when the user is having an older version than 6.0
- The user should then install the recent encryption pack of the internet explorer if he/she is having a version of IE later than 6.0 but the cipher strength is lower than 128 bit.
- The last step is to try installing QuickBooks desktop again as well as the latest updates.
With this, we come to the end of this article, where we expect that the reader might be able to successfully resolve the QuickBooks error code 16026. If in case the error continues to annoy the user for some reason, or if the user is confused at any point of time, then contacting our support team is suggested.
Our QuickBooks experts are well versed with all sorts of QuickBooks solutions. Get in touch with our team via our toll-free number i.e. 1-888-351-0999, and our QuickBooks premier support team professionals will ensure to provide the user with the best possible support assistance.