Trying to run a payroll update or trying to run the payroll software, but the process is interrupted by the QuickBooks payroll error PS036? Well, this situation might seem relatable to many of you, as the payroll error PS036 is quite common lately. It appears on the screen with a warning message “Error message: Error code PS036 can’t verify your payroll subscription and can’t help you to get the new update”.
In case the user is having more than one payroll agreement, but use an active direct deposit. If the user is unable to update the payroll tax table, then it indicates QuickBooks payroll update error PS036. This article, will brief you with the complete steps that can be followed to fix this problem successfully. However, if the user is looking for expert assistance using our toll-free.
What causes QuickBooks payroll error PS036?
The user can end up in such an error due to the following reasons:
- In case the service key isn’t right
- The corporate document’s PSID is no longer right, then the user can face such an error
- QuickBooks company file gets damaged
- The payroll subscription is expired or invalid
- In case the multiple payroll agreements are energetic with an inactive direct deposit settlement.
- The QuickBooks utility document paysub.ini is corrupted or broken.
- Invalid EIN number additionally an explanation.
Steps to resolve the QuickBooks error PS036
The user can try performing the below stated steps and procedures for fixing the QuickBooks error code PS036:
Step 1: Checking for QuickBooks payroll subscription
- At first, the user should download and install the latest version of QuickBooks desktop application and then the tax table release.
- The user should then open the QuickBooks
- After that log in to the payroll service account
- And then, the user is required to move to the employee, and my payroll services and account or billing information
- Once done with that type the login credentials and select sign in
- Moving ahead, reboot the system and once again download the updates
- Lastly, open the QuickBooks software and verify whether the issue is resolved or not.
However, in case the user is trying to deposit direct paychecks for the company, then the below steps aren’t mandatory for you.
You may also like: Fix QuickBooks Error codes H101, H202, H303, or H505
Step 2: Changing the name of Paysub.ini file
- The user should note that the INI is a hidden file on windows, to see this file, the user is required to change the settings of the windows folder options
- After that, the user should select my computer and click on organize
- Now, click on the folder and search option and also select the view tab
- The user should then click on the hidden files and folders
- Once done with that select the show hidden files, folders, and drivers option
- The user should now press the apply and ok tab
- Move back to the “my computer” and in the search bar at the top find the paystub
- Once the user is able to spot the paystub.ini file
- The user will then have to right click the same and select rename tab
- After that, rename the file extension as .old from .ini
- The last step is to repeat the steps for all the paystub files found.
By now, we believe that you might be well versed with the steps to get rid of the QuickBooks error code PS036. Whereas, if the error continues to trouble you, then we are here to help you. You can consult our team professionals using our support number i.e. 1-888-351-0999 and let our QuickBooks premier error support team and certified professionals fix the error for you. Feel free to contact us, if you are unable to tackle out the issue.