Are you unable to use the QuickBooks software and encounter error 1911? QuickBooks Error 1911 is basically an error that is experienced during installing the QuickBooks software 2016 on the Windows Server R2 system. This error appears on the screen with an error message and states:
Error 1911: Could not register type library for file C:\Program Files (x86) CommonFiles\Intuit\QBPOSXMLRPLib.dll. Contact your support personnel.
We are here with this article where we will talk about the troubleshooting methods to resolve this error and make it easy for you to deal with it. To implement the correct steps, go through the full article. However, you can also contact our QuickBooks premier technical support for immediate assistance and our certified experts with years of experience by dialing our helpline number at 1-888-351-0999.
You may also read: How to resolve QuickBooks error 15215?
Methods to fix the QuickBooks error 1911
The user can try performing the below set of steps to fix the QuickBooks error code 1911:
Method 1: Download and move to PESxec directory
- At first, the user should download PESxec
- After that, locate the QuickBooks installer in the same directory
- Once done with that, the user should open a elevated command prompt
- The next step is to install QuickBooks as a system by running
- PESxec-i-s QuickBooks installer
- My QuickBooks install is placed in my downloads folder and titled 1.exe
- Access via the installer as normal.
Method 2: Changing the setup editor settings
- In this process, the user should select the tables to tab in the setup editor only when you do not want to register the type library file.
- The next step is to click on the type lib table,
- After that place the row with the file specified in the error message
- The last step is to delete the row and verify whether the error is fixed or not.
Method 3: Edit the settings of built-in admin
Step 1: Activate the built-in admin
- Press Windows + R and the Run window will appear on the screen.
- You need to type CMD in the search box and click the OK tab.
- Right-click CMD.exe and select Run as Administrator.
- Then you need to open the prompt window and set the Network User Administrator Active tab.
- Press the Enter key.
- Finally, open the system in safe mode.
Step 2: Adjust the built-in admin account
- In this process, the user should press ctrl + alt + delete keys
- The next step is to select switch user
- After that, press Windows key
- The user should choose the user icon by clicking on the upper right corner
- And then, press and hold ctrl + alt+ delete and also select the default admin account.
Step 3: Hide the built-in admin account
- You have to press Windows tab + R and run Windows.
- Enter the CMD command prompt.
- And right click on Cmd.exe.
- Then you need to select Run as administrator.
- Type no into Net user admin active and press the Enter tab in the command window.
Step 4: Modify the security settings of the installation directory
- The first step is to run the path C:\Program Files\Common files
- After that, the user should right click on the common files folders
- The next step is to select the properties tab
- Also, choose edit under the security tab
- Once done with that select users in the group or user names
- After that move to the permissions for users and also select to allow for the permissions: Modify, read and execute, list folder contents read and write
- The last step is to select apply and ok tabs.
Method 4: Installing adobe flash player
- At first, the user should download and install QuickBooks install diagnostic tool
- And then, uninstall the adobe flash player
- The next step is to press windows + R keys to open the run window
- Once done with that, click on control panel
- After that, choose ok tab
- Also, select uninstall a program
- The user should then click on the adobe flash player
- And then, choose uninstall
- The user should follow the onscreen prompts
- And lastly, download and install the adobe flash player.
You may also like: How to Fix QuickBooks Error 6150, 1006?
QuickBooks error 1911 can be tackled with much ease, once the above discussed steps are implemented. The steps mentioned above are practically proven effective by the experts in the filed with years of experience. However, you are unable to implement these steps properly and still unable to deal with the issue, then it is recommended to connect with our QuickBooks premier technical support team at 1-888-351-0999. Our team will provide the user with the most relevant and quick solution.
Frequently Asked Questions
Error message 1911 in QuickBooks occurs when users try to install QuickBooks Desktop Pro 2016 on and incompatible Windows server. This is an installation error that can also occur when updating QuickBooks to a newer version.
The error may be due to the QuickBooks installation file being corrupted. It can also occur due to poor internet connection, version mismatch, corrupt .dll file, or wrong internet configuration.
QuickBooks error 1911 appears as an error message that says
Error 1911. Unable to save type library for file C:\Program Files (x86) CommonFiles\Intuit\QBPOSXMLRPLib.dll. Contact your support staff.
QuickBooks unrecoverable error indicates that the software closed unexpectedly due to technical problems. You might experience this problem when you open or close a file, save a portable copy, select a menu option, or click a link in QuickBooks.