QuickBooks error code 1911 is basically an error that is experienced during installing the QuickBooks software. This error appears on the screen with an error message that says “We’re sorry! Something went wrong with your installation” Or “Error 1911. Could not register type library for file C:\program files (x86)\Common” Or “File\intuit\QBPOSSDKRuntime\QBPOSXMLRPLib.dll. Contact your support personnel.”
To find out what it takes to fix the QuickBooks error code 1911, make sure to read this article till the end. Or the user can also contact our technical support team for any further assistance.
You may also read: How to resolve QuickBooks error 15215?
Methods to fix the QuickBooks error code 1911
The user can try performing the below set of steps to fix the QuickBooks error code 1911:
Method 1: Download and move to PSExec directory
- At first, the user should download PSExec
- After that, locate the QuickBooks installer in the same directory
- Once done with that, the user should open a elevated command prompt
- The next step is to install QuickBooks as a system by running
- PSExec-i-s QuickBooks installer
- My QuickBooks install is placed in my downloads folder and titled 1.exe
- Access via the installer as normal.
Method 2: Changing the setup editor settings
- In this process, the user should select the tables to tab in the setup editor only when you do not want to register the type library file.
- The next step is to click on the type lib table,
- After that place the row with the file specified in the error message
- The last step is to delete the row and verify whether the error is fixed or not.
Method 3: Edit the settings of built-in admin
Step 1: Activate the built-in admin
- The user should first press windows key
- After that enter cmd
- Once done with that, the user should right click the cmd/command prompt/exe and then click on the run as admin
- Now, open the prompt window and write in net user admin/active: yes
- The next step is to hit enter tab
- Last step is to use additional instructions on the safe mode.
Step 2: Adjust the built-in admin account
- In this process, the user should press ctrl + alt + delete keys
- The next step is to select switch user
- After that, press windows key
- The user should choose the user icon by clicking on the upper right corner
- And then, press and hold ctrl + alt+ delete and also select the default admin account.
Step 3: Hide the built-in admin account
- The user is recommended to select the windows key and also type cmd
- After that right click on cmd/command prompt/exe
- The next step is to click on run as admin
- And lastly, type in net user admin/active: no and press enter the command prompt window
Step 4: Modify the security settings of the installation directory
- The first step is to run the path C:\Program Files\Common files
- After that, the user should right click on the common files folders
- The next step is to select the properties tab
- Also, choose edit under the security tab
- Once done with that select users in the group or user names
- After that move to the permissions for users and also select to allow for the permissions: Modify, read and execute, list folder contents read and write
- The last step is to select apply and ok tabs.
Method 4: Installing adobe flash player
- At first, the user should download and install QuickBooks install diagnostic tool
- And then, uninstall the adobe flash player
- The next step is to press windows + R keys to open the run window
- Once done with that, click on control panel
- After that, choose ok tab
- Also, select uninstall a program
- The user should then click on the adobe flash player
- And then, choose uninstall
- The user should follow the onscreen prompts
- And lastly, download and install the adobe flash player.
You may also like: How to Fix QuickBooks Error 6150, 1006?
QuickBooks error code 1911 can be tackled with much ease, once the above discussed steps are implemented. However, if the user is still unable to deal with the issue, then it is recommended to connect with our QuickBooks premier technical support team at 1-888-351-0999. Our team will provide the user with the most relevant and quick solution.