Landing into technical glitches in QuickBooks is pretty much common and thus, we have come up with this write up which is going to brief you with the right procedures to be performed to chuck off the QuickBooks error code 1327. Well, QuickBooks error code 1327 is basically an installation error that might be experienced at the time of installation of QuickBooks. It can also be seen when the drive recorded is unapproachable. You might happen upon the same error when the system is disconnected from a system drive or in case the portable storage device is removed. This error appears on the screen with a tiny warning message that says “The drive letter is invalid”.
Though the QuickBooks error 1327 seems tiny, but can be very much annoying at the same time. Therefore, it is very much essential to find out the right fix to such an error. All you need to do is to go through this piece of writing or else if you don’t want to manually rectify the issue, then connect with our tech personnel at 1-888-351-0999.
Read this also: How to Fix QuickBooks Print and PDF Repair Tool?
What drags you to QuickBooks error code 1327?
Bumping into such an error is pretty much common. However, the below factors are solely responsible for you to end up in such an error.
- One of the most common reasons leading to such an error can be corrupted or moved storage devices. You might come across such an error when trying to install QuickBooks desktop into an external memory device like an external system drive or a USB. Often due to lose connection, the drive might get disconnected during the process leading to such an error
- Another basic reason can be some system-specific errors
- Or if the registry settings are incorrect
- You might come across such an error also when the Microsoft .Net framework gets corrupted.
Measures to be taken to rectify QuickBooks error code 1327
You can try coping up with QuickBooks install error 1327 by implementing any of the below measures.
Measure 1: Eliminating network drive
- Initially, go for start tab and also select programs option
- Choose windows explorer
- Also, opt the network drive on which the shell folder is present
- You are then supposed to click on ok tab
- Moreover, choose map network drive in the tool menu
- Shell folder uncheck reconnect at logon and write down the path.
Measure 2: Make a new windows user and install windows 10 or 7
Windows 7 or 8
- You need to pick the start tab and click on control panel
- Furthermore, opt for user accounts and choose manage another account
- Make a new account
- After assigning a name, choose admin
- Go for create account and then reboot the system
- Log in to the system with admin credentials
- Install the software again
- Opt for start tab and click on settings option
- Click on accounts and choose family and other people
- Select add someone else to this PC
- Enter a new password, name, password hint, and also hit next tab.
Read also: How to Troubleshoot the QuickBooks Error 6129, 0?
Measure 3: Re allocate the drive letter
- Choose start tab
- Go for programs
- Select admin tools and choose disk admin
- Right click the drive and select assign drive letter
- Choose the original drive letter.
- Go for start tab and choose settings option
- Click on control panel and double tap admin tools
- Double click on the system management
- Right click the hard drive or CD ROM drive
- Choose the path and change drive letter
- Pick edit option and hit a click on original drive letter.
Measure 4: Configure registry settings
- Under this process, you need to start the process by backing up the system registry
- Press windows + R and type in regedit and click on run tab
- Navigate to the specific key
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell Folders
- Look for entries that list the drive letter mentioned in the message
- Configure the incorrect drive names to C:
- Conclude the process by saving the settings and also reboot the system and try reinstalling
- Once the installation process ends, revert the changes that were made to the registry earlier.
Read also: How to Change the Primary Contact for QuickBooks Desktop?
Getting out of QuickBooks error code 1327 doesn’t take a lot. You simply have to perform the right set of steps and you are done. On the contrary, if you aren’t able to deal with the issue even after performing the steps listed in this write-up, then connecting with a team of experts is what makes sense. Get on a call with our 24/7 QuickBooks pro technical support team right away using our support line @ 1-888-351-0999, and they will brief you with the correct steps.