Learn about methods to Fix QuickBooks Error code 1406 in QuickBooks Desktop:
Struggling through the QuickBooks error 1406? Well, this common error can be often when seen when the user tries to install the QuickBooks software. In case you are facing the same issue on your PC, then you can perform the manual steps to rectify it, which we will be discussing later in this article, along with the causes due to which it is seen.
To get a better insight of QuickBooks installation error 1406 and its fixation steps, we suggest you to go through this article carefully. Or feel free to reach out to our QuickBooks experts using our number i.e. 1-888-351-0999. Our experts and certified professionals will ensure to come up with the most relevant solution.
Read this also: How to Resolve QuickBooks Error Code 6147, 0?
What leads to the QuickBooks error 1406?
One can end up into the QuickBooks error code 1406, due to the following factors:
- In case the multiple users try to download QuickBooks software on the working PC at the same time.
- Also, in case the third party software, such as MSXML, Microsoft .Net framework and CC++
- Another case can be when definite download space isn’t available, and the shared download company file is on hard drive.
- Moreover, if the user isn’t having the login credentials to run the windows vista or windows admin on the system.
- An improper uninstallation of the QuickBooks software can trigger such an error.
Methods to rectify the QuickBooks error code 1406
One can try to fix the QuickBooks error 1406, by performing the below stated methods:
Method 1: Check the windows registry
- For this, you are required to ensure that the system and admin have complete control access.
- Also, the user must have access to the following path: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Currentcontrolset\services\aSTOR registry key.
- The last step is to make sure that all the keys are set to the administrators group.
Method 2: Logging in to the workstation using the admin credentials
- At first, the user is required to move to the start tab and select programs.
- After that, select the system tools.
- The next step is to select the system restore.
- And also restore the system with earlier settings and hit next.
- Now, select the recent system restore point and press next tab.
- Select next on the confirmation tab.
- Lastly, restart the system and you are good to go.
Read it also: How to Resolve the QuickBooks error code 15222?
Method 3: Making use of QuickBooks install diagnostic tool
- Under this method, the user is suppose to download the QuickBooks install diagnostic tool .exe file from the official website of intuit.
- And then save the downloaded file to the desktop.
- The next step is to access the tool to fix the issue.
- And lastly, wait till the process ends.
You may also visit: How to Fix QuickBooks Print and PDF Repair Tool?
Method 4: Using a clean install tool to configure the system
This is the last method that you can opt for to get rid of the QuickBooks error code 1406. The steps to be following here in are as follows:
- The very first step is to select ctrl + alt keys simultaneously,
- And then enter msconfig in the tab and press ok tab.
- The next step is to click on the general tab and select selective startup tab and load startup items.
- After that, you are require to select the services tab and click on the hide all Microsoft services.
- And select disable all tab.
- Once done with that click on hide all Microsoft services.
- And also, check the list of services.
- Ensure that you have selected the windows installer.
- Followed by selecting restart and also choose system configuration window.
- The last step to follow is to install, uninstall, and reinstall QuickBooks using clean install tool.
Steps for restoring the system to its normal configuration
- In this, you are required to press hold Ctrl + H keys and access the run command.
- Write the msconfig and OK tab
- Move to the general tab and select normal startup.
- And hit OK tab
- The last step is to select restart the system.
See this also: How to Troubleshoot QuickBooks POS Error 1706?
The final note..!
We summarize this article over here, with the hope that the above-stated information might be of some help in getting rid of the QuickBooks error 1406. However, in case of any query, contact our QuickBooks pro technical support team professionals and QuickBooks experts at 1-888-351-0999. Our team will be more than happy to assist you and fix the error for you.