QuickBooks Error Code 6000, 77 is one of the most common errors in QuickBooks Desktop. However, there are many other errors in QuickBooks but this error can’t be neglected. Error 6000, 77 can cause damage to your company files as it belongs to error series 6000. This series of errors is related to company file issues. But you can relax as we have brought you this article that contains information for all your doubts regarding error 6000, 77.
In this segment, we will provide you insight about the causes, some quick fixes and the possible troubleshooting steps to resolve QuickBooks error 6000, 77. For any further queries that arise in your head you can contact our customer support team. Our QuickBooks-certified experts will answer all your queries and resolve all your issues immediately. To connect to our team, dial our toll-free number +1-888-351-0999.
You might find this helpful: How to Fix QuickBooks Unexpected Error 5 When Calling NetShareGetInfo for Path?
What is QuickBooks Error Code -6000, -77?
Whenever a user stores a file in a wrong folder this error can be seen. It is quite possible that error like 6000, 77 can disrupt your operations and bring a complete halt. Another major reason is when you don’t have the necessary permissions to gain access to any company file this error takes place. Error 6000, 77 is really a frustrating one and cannot be neglected. Hence, it is essential to resolve this error immediately. So, let’s jump onto the other major parameters that will help you learn more about QuickBooks Error 6000, 77.
What are the Main Causes of QuickBooks Error Code 6000, 77?
Here is a list of several factors that can cause QuickBooks error 6000, 77 to occur in QuickBooks Desktop. Read the points below:
- Insufficient authorization to a server system can cause error 6000, 77.
- A major cause that triggers this error is a damaged or corrupted company file.
- You are using an outdated version of QuickBooks Desktop.
- Opening a company file that is damaged or missing can trigger this error.
- The company file you are accessing is stored on an external drive instead of a local drive.
- You try to open the company file through a shortcut of the drive or a mapped drive.
What are Some Quick Resolutions to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 6000, 77?
Given below are some quick methods that can easily fix this issue.
- You can try restarting your system and allowing the necessary permission after the restart. In most situations, a simple restart can fix the error.
- Run QuickBooks File Doctor Tool. This tool automatically scans the problems and fixes them.
- Sometimes a file can be stored in the wrong folder like an external drive. You can move the file to a local drive and open the file again to check that the error is gone.
- Change the setting and choose the right server if the file is being opened by using a mapped drive. To change the setting follow these steps:
- Go to the File menu and click on Open or Restore option.
- Now select Open a company file option and click the Network Place option.
- Click on the Entire Network tab and select the right server where the company file is stored.
- Finally, restart the QuickBooks software.
Effective Methods to Troubleshoot QuickBooks Error 6000, 77
These are some of the steps that if you follow can help in eliminating the error 6000, 77 easily and your software will run smoothly again.
Method 1: Use QuickBooks File Doctor Tool
- Download the QuickBooks file doctor tool from Intuit’s official website, this tool will help to resolve data damage issues automatically.
- You need to properly install the QuickBooks File Doctor tool and then run it.
- Further, choose the file with the error.
- Next, enter the username and password, if necessary.
- Restart the system after the process is complete.
Related Search: How to Resolve QuickBooks Error Code 6010 100?
Method 2: Copy the Company file to another location
- Open the Windows Explorer and then hit the Windows + E keys and move to the C: \ drive of the system.
- Make a new folder in the C: drive and then name it QBtest123
- Open the folder where the company file is located.
- Right-click on the .Qbw file and then tap on the Copy from the drop-down list.
- You will have to Paste the file into the newly created files.
- Set Windows access permissions to share the company file.
- Follow by opening the QuickBooks desktop and then opening the file from the new location.
Method 3: Using UNC Path Filename Instead of Mapped Drive
You should consider using UNC path filenames instead of mapped drives. This can be of great help in resolving error code 6000 77 in QuickBooks. The steps to follow are:
- Start by right-clicking on the QuickBooks icon, then press and hold the Ctrl key.
- Select the Run as administrator option from the drop-down list.
- Follow by pressing and holding the Ctrl key to open the No Company window.
- Move to the file, then select Open or Restore Company and also Open Company File. Then, click Next.
- You need to select the network in the left pane.
- Move to the company file folder location.
- The final step is to set the folder permissions and then open the company file.
Method 4: Change the filename of the “.ND” and “.TLG” files
Network files (.ND) and transaction logs (.TLG) are necessary files for QuickBooks Desktop software to work seamlessly circuit. Renaming them can help fix this error in QuickBooks. The steps to follow are:
- The first step in this process is to move to the corporate archive folder.
- The file location is C: \Users\Public\Public Documents\Intuit\QuickBooks\Company Files.
- Track it by locating files with the same name as the company’s file extension such as .ND and .TLG
- Right-click each file one by one and select Rename from the drop-down list.
- Now add the word .old to the end of the file and repeat the process for both files.
Other users find this helpful: How to Fix QuickBooks Error code -6123, 0: While Opening a Company File?
Method 5: Remove Any Blank Spaces in the Filename
- Remove any black spaces from the filename of the company file.
- Now log out of the QuickBooks Desktop on the systems where QuickBooks is open.
- Next, move to the QuickBooks Company file and open it.
- On the company file, you need to right-click and also select the Rename option.
- Now choose the name of the company file and Enter it. Make sure there are no spaces in the filename.
- Furthermore, remove all spaces in the file extension and the company name.
- Open QuickBooks Company File and create it.
Method 6: Configure the Firewall Ports and Security Software
- First of all, configure the firewall port settings to Automatic.
- Now manually configure exceptions for all firewall ports.
- The last step is to install an anti-virus defender or configure it properly.
Method 7: General Fixation Steps
- The user must first restart QuickBooks with more permissions. Sometimes, a simple reboot can resolve the problem.
- Another option is to move the company file to a local folder or network drive, only if it was previously stored on an external storage device. The user will then need to open the QBW file in QuickBooks and check if the issue exists
- If the company file refers to a mapped drive then the user will need to change the settings and select the correct server
- Further, click to open or Restore from the File menu.
- Select Open company profile and click Network Place.
- Then click Entire network
- Access the server with the company file.
- Finally, check if the solution works and then restart the software
Must Read: How to Fix QuickBooks Unrecoverable Error?
After reading the information provided above, you will easily recognize this error and resolve it. Errors in QuickBooks are annoying and need to be resolved immediately before they lead to data loss. With the troubleshooting steps provided above, you can easily resolve QuickBooks error code 6000, 77. However, if you have difficulty following these steps and find it difficult to resolve the error on your own hey, you can contact our Enterprise support team. Our certified QuickBooks experts are available to help you 24/7 and will help you solve this problem. To contact us, call us at +1-888-351-0999.
Frequently Asked Questions
This means you opened a company file that was saved on the server or on another computer.
Solution 1: Check if archiving is enable for all workstations.
Solution 2: Rename file .ND and .TLG files
Solution 3: Open the sample company file from the workstation.
Solution 4: Copy the QuickBooks file to the desktop.
Solution 5: Close all QuickBooks processes.
ND and . TLGs are network data files and transaction log files, respectively, in QuickBooks that help QuickBooks connect to and open company files.
Users should be aware that error code 6000 77 may appear in this accounting software for a number of reasons. If a company data file is corrupt or present in a corrupt folder, this code may occur. Sometimes, connection interruptions due to the firewall itself can cause problems in QuickBooks.
You can often find errors 6000, 77 on QuickBooks. Its desktop version can also be susceptible to the same problem. Additionally, QuickBooks Enterprise users may encounter this issue from time to time.