Learn the easy steps to troubleshoot the QuickBooks error code 6010, 100:
Being interrupted by errors in QuickBooks is quite common, due to some or the other reason. Either it can be a corrupted file troubling you or a damaged installation. One such error that we are going to discuss in this piece of writing is QuickBooks error code 6010, 100. Well, this error comes from the QucikBooks 6000-error series and can be experienced due to access to the network being denied. You can further experience this issue if the antivirus or the firewall is blocking your software from connecting to the network. There can be a bunch of other factors triggering this error in QuickBooks. To unleash the causes, signs, and fixes of this error, all you need to do is to scroll through the article carefully.
You can also take assistance from our tech support professionals and ask them to eliminate the error for you. Give us a call at +1-888-351-0999 and our QuickBooks Premier support team will be there to help you.
Insight into QuickBooks Error 6010, 100
Before you start with the causes and fixes of the error, it is better to get a little insight about it. Well, QuickBooks error code 6010, indicates that QuickBooks is unable to access or use the network due to firewall or anti-virus settings. This error usually appears on the screen stating “An error occurred. Your QuickBooks installation may have been modified. Reinstall QuickBooks and then try again. If the problem persists, contact Intuit Technical Support, and provide them with the following error codes: (-6010, -100).” Experiencing this issue in QuickBooks is common, and it can be rectified by using some simple steps. Read ahead and find out what those steps are!
See also: How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 1328?
What instigates QuickBooks Error 6010, 100?
The user can end up in this particular issue due to a handful of reasons. Let us one by one go through the different factors triggering the QuickBooks error code 6010 and find out the real reason behind the occurrence of this error:
- In case the .ND files get disconnected from the .QBW and TLG files
- Another trigger can be if the firewall or antivirus program is not allowing the software to access the network
- The user can also experience a similar issue if the system’s framework needs to be cleaned or the junk files are causing the issue
- Often the registry files related to software can trigger the error if got corrupted or missing
- In case there are any issues due to antivirus programs like the ESET NOD32.
- Or if the 3rd party app downloaded on Windows removes the important files
Signs and Symptoms of QuickBooks Error 6010
The user can easily spot the issue with the help of the below signs and symptoms. Here are the common signs:
- A message displaying the issue on the screen itself is the biggest sign of the error
- In case the user is unable to access the company file, then this might trigger the issue in the software
- Also, if the company file is operational in the host system, then you can experience this error
You may also read: Convert QuickBooks for Windows file to QuickBooks for Mac
Elimination of QuickBooks Error Code 6010, 100
Now that you are well-versed with the effective measures to eliminate the issue, it is time to perform the methods below one by one:
Method 1: Fix the Company File
- Here, the user needs to open the folder that stores the company file.
- Search for the file having the .QBW extension.
- Choose the Copy option by right-clicking on it.
- Click on the Paste option
- Press the Ctrl key in order to open the QuickBooks application.
- Click on No Company Open.
- After that click on Open or restore an existing company.
- Lastly launch the company file and you are good to go
Method 2: Use QuickBooks Database Server Manager
- To start with, Download QuickBooks Tool Hub and save it to your computer in a convenient folder.
- Later on, look for the downloaded file named QuickBooksToolsHub.exe and double-click it to initiate the setup process.
- Also, click to Allow this app to make changes on your PC.
- Hit the Next option to install this tool on your system.
- Click on the Next tab to Accept the license agreement and click on Install.
- This might take a few seconds to install on your computer system. Once the procedure concludes, hit the finish tab
- Click on the tool hub icon to open it
- Head to the network issues
- Click on the QuickBooks database server manager option to get access to the QuickBooks database Server Manager.
- Now, scan the Company file location
- Click on the Scan Folders tab.
- Search and pick the Folder and files that store your company file (.QBW)
- Click on OK tab
- Hit the Start Scan option.
- Log into your company files.
Visit also: Upgrade Internet Explorer to Open QuickBooks Desktop
Method 3: End the Processes and switch QuickBooks to Single User Mode
- The user needs to first close the processes running in the background
- Set the QuickBooks Desktop software to single-user mode.
- The steps involved in this procedure are as follows:
- Use the Administrator credentials and log into the PC.
- Press the Ctrl + Shift +Esc keys and launch Task Manager.
- Go for the Users option.
- Highlight QuickBooks-related processes like qbupdate.exe, EXE, and QBDBM.exe.
- Click on End Task in multi-user mode.
- Launch the company file and check if the issue is resolved or not
Method 4: Name the .ND extension
- At first, the user needs to open the Company file which has the .ND extension.
- Followed by ensuring to access the company file where the error code is occurring.
- Right-click on the file
- Right-click and choose the Rename option.
- Add old as an extension (for ex. My company.qbw.ND.old).
- Lastly, open QuickBooks desktop and find out whether the error continues
You may see also: Restore Backup Files in QuickBooks
Method 5: Stop Multi-User hosting
- The user needs to first open your QuickBooks software and select the File.
- Now, you must proceed to Utilities and then choose to Stop hosting QuickBooks multi-user access.
- Reboot QuickBooks.
- Click on the Programs settings and turn off the Internet Monitor feature.
- If the system is having an ESET NOD32 anti-virus application, then assign a name to the file by adding ‘.Old’ in the extension.
- Reboot the QuickBooks program. The error should be rectified. If it is still standing its ground, proceed to the subsequent solution.
Method 6: Re-install QuickBooks software
- The first step is to hit the Start button and then navigate to the Control Panel.
- After the Control Panel opens up, click on Uninstall a Program.
- Uninstall the QuickBooks application.
- Select QuickBooks from the list of programs and then hit on Uninstall.
- Make use of QuickBooks Clean Install Tool.
- Go for the Version of QuickBooks that you want to install on your computer and then hit on the Continue button.
- Hit OK button and then install the QuickBooks application using the License and product keys available at the time of purchasing the software.
Read also: How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 6190 and 816?
Method 7: Backup your QuickBooks Company File
- The very first step is to press the Ctrl key till the No Company Window shows on your Desktop.
- And then, click on Open or restore an existing company.
- Restore a backup copy option.
- Click on Next tab.
- Access the company file and check if the issue is resolved
Now that you know what steps can be performed to resolve the QuickBooks error code 6010. However, if you continue to face the issue even after performing the steps above, then in that case contacting our 24*7 QuickBooks tech support team at +1-888-351-0999 is recommended. We are a team of certified QuickBooks professionals who work round the clock in providing immediate support and assistance. We are a team of certified QuickBooks professionals who work round the clock in providing immediate support services.
More Helpful Articles:
How to Resolve QuickBooks Payroll Error PS032?
Steps to Fix QuickBooks error code 15222