QuickBooks is the best software that assists the users to register all the transaction reports, along with the data between different companies. But at times, while upgrading the company file, or at the time of opening the company file from a network server, the QB users might encounter certain errors, namely the QuickBooks error 6123. If you have ever stumbled upon any such error, then you can simply fix this issue with the steps discussed below.
Sometimes, QB users encounter the QuickBooks error code 6123 0. This error has been reported by QB users that the error 6123, 0 appears quite frequently nowadays. It is quite frustrating when this unknown QuickBooks Error 6123 0 appears. Generally, This error code appears usually when the connection to the QB company file has been lost in multi-user mode or settings or when you try to open the company file
While establishing or using the QuickBooks company report over the network, you might encounter one or more following errors:
QuickBooks Error – 6123, 0
Generally, a Connection to the QuickBooks company file has been lost.
Why QuickBooks Error 6123 0 Occurs?
- Infected or corrupt network connection
- Infected, corrupt, or damage QBW files
- Windows computer is infected, corrupted, or damaged
- One or more QuickBooks database services are running simultaneously
- Possibly that a QuickBooks company file is opened on a new QuickBooks version
- Might be Multiple instances of QuickBooks database service are running.
- Backup restoring from an online storage platform or removable storage device
- The McAfee antivirus is identifying the QuickBooks as a deleterious software or virus
- Missing, damaged, or corrupt QuickBooks data/ program files
- Damaged Window user
- Your firewall services hinder to open QB company file
- And the list continues…………..
You may also like: How to fix QuickBooks stopped working error?
How to troubleshoot QuickBooks Error 6123 0?
Check out the methods below to resolve the QuickBooks error code 6123, 0 While Opening QuickBooks Company File:
Method 1: Download and run QuickBooks file doctor tool
You can resolve this error using QuickBooks file doctor tool:
- First of all, download the QuickBooks file doctor tool
- Next, Detect the data damage
- Finally, Choose the “Restore the backup of company files”
If in any case, you are unable to open the company file, then send all the company records to the QuickBooks auto data recovery team.
Method 2: Run QBInstall diagnostic tool
- Diagnose my network connection with the host computer.
- Now, Download & run the “QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool“
Important Note: If the company file can not be open possibly, ‘Switch to multi-user mode’ option will not be available. In that case, go to File > Utilities > Host multi-user access.
Method 3: Rename the company file extension
Follow the procedure to troubleshoot the network data file.
- At first, Click to the “Start” or “Window” button.
- After that Choose Explore option
- Open the Company file & double-click on the file with .ND extension
- Finally, rename the file extension with .ndold
Method 4: Run QB Refresher Tool
- First of all you need to download and install QB Refresher tool on your system
- After that ensure that your QuickBooks desktop should be closed
- Now click on Fix my QuickBooks option
- this process will take some time to refresh the all backend processes that may be causing this issue to you.
- Finally, hit a click on OK key and then reboot your QuickBooks desktop as well as system.
Method 5: Remove special characters from the file name
Check once to your company file name:
- The company file name should be 30 characters or less then of it.
- The company file Doesn’t have any special characters or spaces.
Method 6: Run Quick Fix my Program
- At first, Close your QuickBooks.
- After that download the QuickBooks Tool Hub file.
- In the QuickBooks Tools Hub, choose Program Problems.
- After that choose QuickFix my Program option.
- This will take a few minute to run. In case you have multiple versions of QuickBooks installed, it can take longer then it. Wait until the progress bar is done.
- Once the QuickFix my Program is done, then you need to open QuickBooks and verify your issue is fixed.
Method 7: Set Proper Folder Permissions
Here is the list of the folders whose permissions need to be set to full control.
- C:\Program Data\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v8
- C:\Program Data\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v6.0
- C:\Program Data\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v5
- C:\Program Data\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v3
- C:\Program Data\Intuit\Entitlement Client
- C:\Program Data\Intuit\QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions X.0 (X = version) or C:\Program Data\Intuit\QuickBooks 20XX.
- C:\Program Data\COMMON FILES\INTUIT
- C:\Program Data\COMMON FILES\INTUIT\QUICKBOOKS
- C:\Users\Public\Public Documents\Intuit\QuickBooks\FAMXX (XX = year)
- C:\Users\Public\Public Documents\Intuit\QuickBooks\Company Files
- C:\Users\Public\Public Documents\Intuit\QuickBooks\Sample Company Files\QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions X.0 (X = version) or C:\Users\Public\Public Documents\Intuit\QuickBooks\Sample Company Files\QuickBooks 20XX (where XX = year)
Once you have changed the folder permissions, you need to open the QuickBooks and login into your company file.
It might be possible that the QuickBooks error 6123 0 still persist. Well, we would recommend you to consult with the QuickBooks Support team. We are a team of strong, qualified, and Intuit certified consultant. For any query or problem related to QuickBooks software, you can contact them with no hesitation at our toll-free number i.e. +1-844-539-0188.