Checkout the quick methods to troubleshoot the QuickBooks error code 1402:
Errors in QuickBooks are quite common, but the best part about QuickBooks is that the errors can be eliminate with much ease by performing a couple of steps. One such error that we are going to discuss today is QuickBooks error code 1402. Often when your software isn’t install properly, you might land into an error stating “Couldn’t Open Key”. This error can be caused due to a handful of reasons, which we will be elaborating in our article later on, along with the right set of steps to be perform.
Thus, for more details, make sure to scroll through this segment carefully or you can also speak to our QuickBooks tech support team at ++1-844-539-0188 and ask our experts to help you with the fixation process.
What is QuickBooks error code 1402?
Simply performing the steps isn’t what you should do. Learning a little about the error makes it easy to tackle the issue in QuickBooks. Thus, before heading to the steps, let us first find out what QuickBooks error code 1402 is all about. Well, this is basically an error that you might land into when installing or opening QuickBooks or the company file. It can further be seen when the user tries to operate the QuickBooks payroll software. This error can be seen when you operate the corrupt QuickBooks payroll accounting software in Windows or Apple Mac OS X operating system. Continue reading the post, to find out what actually triggers this error in QuickBooks:
What leads to QuickBooks error code 1402?
The user can come across this issue due to the following factors:
- One of the basic factors can be if the QuickBooks Installation on your system is corrupted.
- Another trigger can be if the CD used for installation was damaged.
- The user can also end up in such an error due to inappropriate or partial software installation.
- Outdated windows can also be a factor triggering this issue in QuickBooks
It is possible to prevent the issue by keeping the following factors in mind:
- One should keep creating backups of your data in QuickBooks on a regular basis to avoid any such issue in QuickBooks.
- Also, let the software installations take their time and do not hinder the process.
- The user should eliminate the junk files to make sure that such an error doesn’t appear again and again
- Keep your software updated
You may visit also: How to Troubleshoot QuickBooks Error 15215?
Methods to eliminate the error code 1402
The below set of steps and procedures can be performing to eliminate the QuickBooks error code 1402. Let us have a look:
Procedure 1: Make use of the Selective startup mode
One of the basic solutions can be to use the selective startup mode. It will help the user in fixing the issue up to a certain extent by checking if there is any issue with the file or not. The steps to be perform here are as follows:
Step 1: Prepare the data
- At first, create a backup of the company file.
- Now, maintain a copy of QuickBooks desktop product and license information.
Step 2: Open the system in selective startup mode
- The user is supposed to first press Windows + R keys to open the run command.
- And then enter MSConfig and opt for the OK button.
- Now, go for the selective startup in the general tab
- And select load system services.
- Head to the services tab
- Select hide all Microsoft services.
- Now, disable all by selecting the tab
Step 3: Uncheck the hide all Microsoft services checkbox.
Another step is to uncheck the hide all Microsoft services checkbox using the set of steps mentioned below:
- Make sure that the Windows installer checkbox is opted from the list of services. If not, then hit the checkbox.
- Now, click on the ok tab.
- Opt for the restart on the system configuration window.
Step 4: Uninstall or install QuickBooks desktop.
The user is require to uninstall or install QuickBooks desktop by performing the require set of steps
Step 5: Switch back to Normal startup mode.
- At first, press Windows + R keys to open the run command.
- Now, enter msconfig
- Hit ok button.
- In the General tab, select normal startup.
- Hit ok button.
- Restart the system
You may also read: How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 80029c4a?
Procedure 2: Install and run QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool with QuickBooks tool hub
Another method is to perform the steps related to using QuickBooks install diagnostic tool from the tool hub and try eliminating the issue.
- First of all, you need to close your QuickBooks.
- It is recommended to download the most recent version of QuickBooks tool hub.
- Save the file somewhere it can be accessed easily.
- Search for the version you have of QuickBooks tool hub.
- Choose the home tab.
- The version will be displayed on the bottom right.
- Open the file you downloaded.
- Perform the onscreen steps to install and agree to the terms and conditions.
- Double-click the icon and open the QuickBooks tool hub program.
- Open the tool hub and select installation issues.
- And choose QuickBooks install diagnostic tool and let it fix the issue.
- After that close all the running programs.
- Run the QuickBooks Install diagnostic tool. The duration of the process may vary depending on your computer speed in internet connection.
- Restart your computer after the process is complete.
Procedure 3: Update MS Windows and install available updates
The user can try to update the windows, as it can also fix the issue up to a certain extent. The steps involved are as follows:
- Click on the Start button on the keyboard on the Windows icon at the bottom left-hand corner of your screen.
- Click on Check for Updating QuickBooks.
- Hit a click on Check for Updates and find available updates.
- Install all pending updates
- Restart the computer and save the changes
Procedure 4: Uninstall and Reinstall Adobe Flash Player
One can try to perform the below steps to uninstall and reinstall adobe flash player. Let us have a look:
- The user needs to first download the install diagnostic tool and then run it.
- After that click on the Start menu.
- Enter in the control panel in the search bar.
- Also, click and open the control panel.
- Select the uninstall a program option.
- Now look for Adobe flash player ActiveX in the list of programs.
- Hit the uninstall option.
- Carry out the onscreen instructions and let the uninstall process complete.
- Now, download the adobe flash player and then reinstall it and you are done with the process
Procedure 5: Adding QuickBooks to Bitdefender exclusion list
This particular method isn’t compulsory for the QuickBooks users, as it is for the ones using Bitdefender. The user can try to disable the Bitdefender and add it to the exclusion list. The steps involved in this procedure are as follows:
- For 32-bit Windows OS, the user needs to put C:\Program Files\ Common files in the exclusion list.
- On the other hand, if you are using 64-bit Windows OS, then put C:\Program Files\ Intuit (C:\Program files (x86)\Intuit) in the exclusion list.
Procedure 6: Reinstall QuickBooks desktop
At times certain errors occur due to corrupted QuickBooks installation. And QuickBooks install error 1402 might appear due to a wide range of options and may impact your productivity. In that case, the user would have to perform the below steps to reinstall QuickBooks desktop.
- At first, the user will have to press the Start button
- Now, search for Control Panel.
- Once done with that open Control Panel
- Also, click on Programs and Features option
- The next step is to head to Add or Remove Programs.
- And look for QuickBooks, and Uninstall it.
- The last step is to restart your computer and Reinstall QuickBooks desktop.
To Wrap it Up!
Here we come to the conclusion of this segment and hope that the information shared in above might be of some assistance in eliminating the QuickBooks error code 1402 from its root cause. However, if you are stuck at some point in time, or you need our assistance, then feel free to contact our QuickBooks error Support Number i.e., ++1-844-539-0188 is recommend. We are a team of certified QuickBooks professionals providing instant support services to all QuickBooks users.