Learn the best ways to perform a QuickBooks uninstall Tool for Windows to fix company file issues
QuickBooks is an ideal accounting software, designed by Inuit Inc., and generally used in mid-sized and small-sized companies. This software allows users to enjoy the amazing features, such as bookkeeping, accounting, and filing taxes. It is essential for the organization to manage its financial accounting effortlessly.
QuickBooks also has many different functions, like electronic funds and time tracking options for employees. Sometimes, QuickBooks users might face errors, due to some technical defaults. This article is going to describe to you the related information to the QuickBooks clean install tool for windows, furthermore you of the right steps to use it.
Read this also: How to resolve QuickBooks error 6189?
What is QuickBooks Clean Install Tool?
QuickBooks Clean Install tool is use to repair the damage QuickBooks Desktop function, where only a simple re-install will not solve the problem. To resolve the QuickBooks Clean Install Tool issue, the users should un-install the QuickBooks Desktop for windows then rename installation folders and then perform a QuickBooks desktop re-installation. The entire process is known as Clean Install of QuickBooks.
Few important points for QuickBooks clean installation:
- Always keep a backup of the company files because it can be used in future.
- Download the CD which can be used to setup the QuickBooks.
- License number and product number should be present.
- Login the computer as windows administrator for the following next step of the setup.
- Always make sure that your device should be complete the installation.
- The users can ensure that their QuickBooks Desktop download file or installation CD, and license number are available.
- It is vital to Backup your company file to avoid any data.
Clean Install Tool Can Fix the Following Issues:
- Errors while opening the company file
- Display and template problems
- QuickBooks unrecoverable errors
- Run-time errors
You may also like: How to Solve QuickBooks Payroll Error 17337?
How to Perform the Clean Install Tool?
There are various significant solutions for QuickBooks clean install tool, which are given below:
Step 1 – Ensure that clean install is Right for you
The users should always attempt a basic reinstall of QuickBooks before doing a clean install. Most of the errors can be resolve from the basic reinstall itself.
See Also: How to fix QuickBooks validation error?
Step 2 – Manually Rename the Installation folders
This steps will show the all hidden files and rename the folder location that is lists for the Windows version. Add OLD or DAMAGED words at the end of the folder name. With the help of this step you will recognize the folder when you are looking to create a New one.
If you are getting error message “The access denied while renaming the folders” then follow the given steps:
- Press CTRL+SHIFT+ESC keys together, on your keyboard to open the Task manager
- Now go to the Processes tab and choose QBDBMGERN.EXE, QBCFmonitorservice.exe, qbw32.exe files.
- Choose End button and hit a click on OK button.
Step 3 – Use the QuickBooks clean Install Tool
- Firstly, download the QuickBooks clean install tool and save it on your desktop.
- Open the QuickBooks ‘clean install utility‘.
- Choose ‘I Accept on the license agreement’.
- Now, choose the QuickBooks versions.
- Click ‘OK‘ and wait for the process to get complete.
Read Also: How to Fix QuickBooks error code 1311?
Step 4 – Uninstall QuickBooks Desktop
- Click the ‘Windows key‘ and type ‘Control panel‘ in the next field.
- Visit the ‘Programs and features‘ or ‘Uninstall a Program‘.
- Now, choose the QB desktop from the list of installed programs.
- Choose Uninstall/Change and then Remove option.
- Now follow the instructions that appear on the screen.
Step 5 – Reinstall QuickBooks desktop
- Firstly, Prepare for the install
- After that Install QuickBooks Desktop
- Now decide that which type of installation is right for you
- Express install
- Custom and Network install
- Finally activate your QuickBooks Desktop
See also: How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 404?
Thanks for reading this blog. QuickBooks Clean Install Tool is an efficient tool to correct issues in QuickBooks desktop. By now, your Desktop must be clear and free of all errors. For any information on the above-written content, you can speak to our QuickBooks premier technical support team at our toll-free number i.e. +1-844-539-0188 Our experts are always there for you.