Learn the convenient ways to Resolve QuickBooks error code C=1304:
As we are very much aware of one of the robust and user-friendly accounting software that comes with advanced features for managing business and personal finances is QuickBooks Online. It helps small and medium-sized businesses in their expense tracking that helps them to collect and categorize tax-deductible expenses which allow for major tax savings each year. This QuickBooks Online uses Microsoft Windows Operating System.
However, in order to avoid errors that can be led by an outdated version of QuickBooks, it is very important to update the QuickBooks Desktop on your system which is a very easy process. But sometimes while trying to update QuickBooks Online or installing it user may face one such common error is QuickBooks Error Code C=1304: Error Writing to File in Windows?
Have you ever got stuck with the same QuickBooks Error Code C =1304 during software installation? So, to know more about this Error Code C =1304 in details, go through this post till end to that has all the quick-fix tips and solutions that you can implement and easily resolve this issue.
Let Us Understand Furthermore about QuickBooks Error Code C=1304?
QuickBooks Error Code C=1304 is the critical error that usually occurs while installing the QuickBooks Desktop app or updating it. Error message of this Error =1304 that pops up is state as:
“Error writing to file [Filename]. Verify that you have access to that directory.
This window error message 1304 not only corrupts the QuickBooks desktop application but can also appear in a number of different windows applications.
What Instigates the QuickBooks Error Code C =1304?
There can be multiple possible reasons behind the occurrence of QuickBooks Error Code C =1304, where some of which are list below:
· First and foremost, reason that instigates the QuickBooks Error Code C = 1304 is a problem with CD Drive itself that has QuickBooks setup file, where the QuickBooks installer is not able to read the installation files from the CD used during the installation process.
· Damaged CD Drive used in QuickBooks installation could be another major reason behind this error.
· If any reason the Microsoft Components on your system get damage or corrupted can also lead to this issue.
· .Net framework is damaged, corrupted or outdated.
You may also like: How to Troubleshoot the QuickBooks Error Code 3180?
Possible Quick Fix to Fix QuickBooks Error C=1304?
Here are different quick fixes to fix this error code 1304 that are enumerated below in a detailing process and all you need to do is just follow them in the way they are mentioned:
PROCEDURE 1: To Utilize QuickBooks Installation CD.
Before moving ahead, make sure that your QuickBooks Installation CD is in good condition and damage free as it is used in this procedure. Now follow the steps that are mentioned below:
- At First, you have to remove the CD drive from your system and then insert the QuickBooks installation CD inside it.
- If the installer has started running automatically without your permission, immediately stop the process and take exit.
- Go to the Windows icon and you will have to choose the Explore option.
- Next on the desktop or in a convenient location, create a new folder and name it as QB Install.
- Now copy all the installation files from CD drive and paste all of them to the folder you have created (QB Install).
- By Using the QB Install folder you need to install QuickBooks Desktop again.
- Complete the process by following all the instructions appearing on your system’s screen.
- Click on the ‘Yes’ or ‘OK’ button
- Now wait for the process of QuickBooks installation to complete
- Once the process is complete, Reopen QuickBooks on your system to check whether the error is resolve or not.
If the QuickBooks Error Code C=1304 is still not fix, then move on to the next procedure.
PROCEDURE 2: To Utilize Duplicate folder for installing QuickBooks.
This procedure involves the utilization of duplicate folders from the hard disk to install QuickBooks. Follow the steps carefully given below:
- At first launch the QuickBooks folder that has the files that you have copied.
- Then carry out the installation procedure of the software. And Double-click the “setup.exe” file for installing it.
- Lastly follow all the on-screen instructions that display on your screen, and the process is finish.
PROCEDURE 3: To Utilize Reimage Repair Tool.
This procedure involves the scanning of the system using Reimage repair tool. This Reimage repair tool is very helpful in scanning, diagnosing and resolving system error like QuickBooks errors. This tool is quite robust that helps in finding the malicious items that are hidden in your system. Also, this tool is provided by intuit and is very easy to use as well. So, to use this repair tool you just need to follow the required steps that are given below:
- Initially download Reimage Repair Tool from the website (intuit).
- Now install the same repair tool on your system.
- After downloading this tool, move to the file location and double-click it. This will begin the installation procedure
- Then follow the instructions displayed on your where this tool will display a welcome screen.
- Allow the repair tool to start an automatic scan and click Install to start the installation procedure.
- Now Reimage Repair Tool will install itself on your system.
- The tool will automatically begin a preliminary scan of your machine that will determine the health of your PC.
- Once the scan is complete Reimage repair tool will make you known to which areas of your PC are damage and if a repair is essential. If it is, click the Start Repair button in the bottom right corner.
- After this tool has completed its repair process, your system is now fix.
- Lastly, reboot your computer to complete the process.
You may also visit: How to Resolve the QuickBooks Error Code 15103?
PROCEDURE 4: Manual Restoration of QuickBooks Error Code C =1304.
This method involves manual fixation of this QuickBooks Error 1304. It is also an advanced computer solution for users. Below are the steps list to fix the error manually:
- At first, start your computer and log on to the system as an administrator.
- Again, click the Start button and subsequently Select All Programs, Accessories, and System Tools.
- Then click on the System Restore option from the System Tools.
- Select the “Restore my computer to an earlier mature” option and later choose the time and date for the restore process and now proceed ahead.
- Select the most recent system to reorganize reduction from the “On this list.
- Click a modernize reduction” list, and subsequently click Next button which is concerning the affirmation window.
- Reboot the system as soon as the restoration process is complete.
PROCEDURE 5: Repair the .Net Framework on the System.
After trying your hand on the above-mentioned methods if the QuickBooks error C=1304 still occurs you can try this last method of repairing the .Net Framework on your system. This .Net framework is very important for smoothly running the QuickBooks application on your system so in order to make your QuickBooks software work smoothly, follow the steps in the way they are list below:
- At first go to the control panel on your system.
- After that, click on the ‘uninstall a program’ option.
- Next, look for the .net framework on the windows features and then check if the checkbox for .net framework 3.5 or above is mark or not.
- If the .Net Framework is not mark, turn it on.
- Then Save the changes done by you and then reboot your system.
- Finally start QuickBooks application on your system.
Considering all the above-mentioned procedures in detail to fixing the QuickBooks Error Code C=1304 still troubles your QuickBooks installation or update process you can contact our 24/7 QuickBooks Premier Support Team of specially trained people to get manual advice on this issue by simply dialing +1-888-351-0999. They will guide you with the most precise solutions and troubleshoot your issues with comfort.