QuickBooks payroll software is one of the finest software built with loads of features. But the only drawback of this software is the QuickBooks payroll error 15311. This is basically a run-time error, that can be seen at the time of installation of the program or software, or when starting or shutting down the process of Windows. This error is often accompanied by the following message “QuickBooks update cannot be completed successfully” or “cannot connect to QuickBooks payroll”.
There can be multiple causes of such an error, which will be discussed later in this article. Thus, if you are also facing such an error, then reading this post till the end will provide you with the entire process to fix this QuickBooks error 15311 successfully. However, if you need any sort of technical assistance, then do not think much in contacting our accounting professionals right away at +1-844-539-0188, and leave the rest on our team.
You may also like: How to Resolve QuickBooks error 15106?
Symptoms of QuickBooks error code 15311
The sign and symptom of such an error can help the users to fix the error, which involves:
- The very first sign can be that this error crashes the active program window
- And the PC often crashes with error 15311 while running the same program
- Also, windows run sluggishly and responds slowly to mouse inputs
- The system freezes for a couple of seconds
- Or the message occurs during program installation.
Triggers to the QuickBooks error code 15311
The user can face this error due to a couple of factors, namely:
- This error could be seen due to incomplete QuickBooks installation
- Or due to any virus attack
- The user can also face this issue due to deleted or damaged QuickBooks files
- Windows registry entries related to QuickBooks are corrupted
- Interruption while download the update might also face such an error
- Files downloaded QuickBooks documents might be corrupted.
You may also like: How to troubleshoot QuickBooks Error 1706?
Quick solutions to Resolve QuickBooks payroll error 15311
The user can simply get rid of the above issues, by carrying out the methods below:
Method 1: Uninstalling QuickBooks related entry
- The very first step is to take the cursor and take it over the left side of the screen at the bottom till you see the image of start menu
- Also, open start context menu
- Followed by, selecting the programs and features option
- Now, search for error 15311 in the new window
- And then, press the QuickBooks associated entry
- Moving ahead, tap on the uninstall/change heading which is on top menu
- The user is required to follow the onscreen prompts and carry out the process.
See Also: What is QuickBooks payroll error 15241?
Method 2: Installing a digital signature certificate window
The user can resolve this issue by installing a digital signature certificate window. This can be done by:
- The user needs to search for QBW32.exe which is located on: C:\program file\intuit\quickbooks
- And then, right click on QBW32.exe company file
- Now, select properties
- Also, select the digital signature and check that Intuit has been selected in the list
- Followed by selecting details and view certificate
- Moving ahead, in the certificate window and then click on install certificate
- The next step is to press finish after the process ends
- Also, start the system again and also QuickBooks
- The last step is to download the update.
Method 3: Checking the settings of Internet explorer
- The very first step is to set the internet explorer as the default
- And then check the system date and time
- Also, double tick the time display
- After that checking the date and time on the system
- Followed by making changes if required
- The last step is to verify the cipher
In case the cipher is less than 128 bites, then the internet explorer gets damaged. The steps involved in this are:
- The user needs to first visit the intuit website
- And then open the menu bar by pressing Alt key
- Also, run the company files and also select properties
- Now, look for the number before encryption
- After that, select the tools and also the internet option
- Moving ahead, the user needs to select delete in the general tab
- And then go to the internet files and also click on delete
- Followed by selecting LAN settings in the connection tab
- Also, verify that SSL 2.0 and SSL 3.0 has been marked or not.
- And the last step is to un-mark the TLS 1.2 in the advanced tab.
Solution 4: Manually fix the QuickBooks error 15311
Below are the steps to manually fix this QuickBooks error.
- Verify that your QuickBooks subscription is activated.
- Update QuickBooks Desktop to the latest version.
- Verify that the Payroll Service Key is correct.
- Go to Employees and click My Payroll Services.
- Next, click Manage Service Keys.
- Click Edit and check if the key is correct.
- Click Next, then click the Finish tab.
- Finally, restart your computer system.
Read Also: How to Resolve QuickBooks Error H505?
Solution 5: Run Reboot.bat to re-register the QuickBooks files.
- Reboot.bat is a batch file that helps you reregister QuickBooks .DLL and .OCX files.
- These files are used to perform various operations that QuickBooks Desktop performs.
- Run the QuickBooks Reboot.bat file.
- If you are running the QuickBooks Desktop application on Windows, close it.
- Right-click the QuickBooks icon on your desktop and select Properties.
- Click Open file location and Windows will open your QuickBooks installation folder.
- Ensure that showing hidden files and folders in Windows is enabled.
- Locate and right-click the Bat file.
- Select Run as administrator.
- Wait until the restart file reregisters all QuickBooks files.
- If the black Command Prompt window disappears automatically, try updating QuickBooks Desktop.
Solution 6: Update Windows
Outdated windows can cause errors in QuickBooks. Updating Windows to the latest version can eliminate all kinds of technical errors in the operating system. Updating Windows may fix errors and introduce additional features to Windows. Users can take the necessary steps to update Windows.
See Also: How to Fix QuickBooks Error code 404?
We conclude our article over here, with the hope that the information and the processes shared over here would of some help in fixing the QuickBooks error code 15311. Above all the methods would resolve the error completely.
However, if the error continues to trouble you, then feel free to call us at our toll-free customer number i.e. +1-844-539-0188. Our QuickBooks premier technical support team and certified accounting professionals will provide you the best possible support services instantly.
Frequently Asked Questions
This error indicates a problem with the update process.
The main causes are corrupted QuickBooks installer, virus infection, deletion of QuickBooks files, and incompatibilities.
Fixing error 15311 on Windows 10 requires the same troubleshooting solutions as for other operating systems described in this article. The only difference is that you don’t need to follow the steps to install a Windows root certificate on your Windows 10 operating system.
In Windows 11, removing an expired Windows security certificate is easy. Just search for Windows Certificates in Windows Search and you’ll see a list of certificates installed on your system. You can select the certificate you want to delete and select Delete.