Did you see QuickBooks Error Code 557 on your screen? Well, this isn’t a common error like others. Error 557 is quite confusing and troublesome for the users to tackle. This error occurs when a user downloads the payroll update and upgrades his software version to a new one. Incorrect syntax or commands can trigger this issue due to a lack of space or low quota on the disk. Resolving QuickBooks error 557 manually can be difficult and time-taking and can risk your data and information. To eliminate the chances of any loss we have brought you this article. In this segment, we will discuss its causes, symptoms and troubleshooting methods.
However, if you are short of time, you can contact our Premier support team for help. Our certified QuickBooks experts will resolve this issue in no time. To connect to our support team, ring us up on our dedicated helpline at +1-888-351-0999.
What is QuickBooks Error 557?
QuickBooks Error 557 pops up on the screen with an error message saying “QuickBooks has encountered a problem and needs to be closed. We are sorry for the inconvenience”. It is applicable to Windows XP, Vista, 7 and 8.
This error occurs due to incorrect syntax or commands occurring due to lack of area on the disk. However, a few errors are related to payroll errors and error 557 is also one of them.
What are the Causes of QuickBooks Error 557?
QuickBooks is the best tool in terms of making payments to your employees, making it the No.1 choice. QuickBooks keeps on updating itself according to the needs of its users. So, keep in mind that wrong configuration settings can trigger QuickBooks error code 557. Some more causes that can trigger this error are as follows:
- In case you accidentally or intentionally cancel the installation process.
- Another potential cause of such an error could be that you have deleted files from the QuickBooks folder.
- In case the system is damaged due to a virus or malware attack.
- Sudden power surges or system shutdowns can be problematic.
What are the Symptoms of QuickBooks Error 557?
Here is the list of few symptoms that may indicate QuickBooks error code 557:
- When your mouse and keyboard don’t respond as expected, it can be frustrating.
- While operating any program on Windows you may experience a lag.
- While downloading the payroll update you will encounter an error message on the screen.
- Your Windows operating system might not perform well.
See this also: How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code H202?
Important Points to Consider Before Troubleshooting QuickBooks Error 557
Here are the crucial points you need to consider before applying the fixes.
- Make sure that your Tax Table is updated.
- You must have installed the current version of QuickBooks to avoid compatibility issues.
- Make sure that the payroll subscription is inactive.
- Also, check that your system meets the necessary system requirements for smooth functioning.
- Prepare a company file backup for the safety of your data.
Step-By-Step Resolving QuickBooks Error 557
As this is an uncommon error and troubleshooting it manually requires a lot of time, the user should contact QuickBooks experts for help. Follow these steps:
- Start by logging into your QuickBooks account on the QuickBooks CAMP login page.
- Proceed to the QuickBooks Management page and select your desired option for reactivation.
- Further, find the Payroll Subscription tab in the Products and Service section.
- To check your payroll subscription status check under the blue-colored toolbar.
- If you see that the status shows Canceled, then click on the Resubscribe tab and validate the data in the next Window.
- Make sure the data entered in the Reactivation Subscription fields is correct and accurate.
- Now click on Save and continue. Now validate your subscription and payment details.
- Now press Reactivate press Understand and then reactivate the subscription.
- Now launch the QuickBooks Desktop and update the Payroll to check if error 557 still persists or is resolved.
Alternative Solutions to Troubleshoot QuickBooks Error Code 557
Apply the following steps in order to eliminate QuickBooks error code 557:
Solution 1: Try Restoring Your System
- Log in with your Administrator Account.
- Click Start, then Accessories, and choose System Tools.
- Click System Restore.
- Pick a Restore Point, preferably the latest one.
- Moreover, click Next.
- Wait for the System Restore to finish.
- After it’s done, restart your Windows.
- Open QuickBooks again.
Solution 2: Update QuickBooks
- Check for updates in QuickBooks.
- Go to Help in your QuickBooks account and select Update QuickBooks Desktop.
- Further, click Update Now.
- QuickBooks will download available updates.
- Also, restart QuickBooks to install the updates.
- Try installing the payroll update again to check for Error 557.
Check this out: How to Resolve QuickBooks Payroll Update Error Code 15107?
Solution 3: Re-register QuickBooks
- Open Windows File Explorer (Windows + E).
- Go to “C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v8“.
- Find “EntitlementDataStore.ecml” and right-click it.
- Further, choose Delete and confirm by clicking Yes.
- Run QuickBooks. When prompted, enter your product registration information.
- Install the QuickBooks Desktop update and try the payroll update again.
Solution 4: Add QuickBooks Service Key
- Open QuickBooks and go to the Employees menu.
- Click on My Payroll Services and choose Manage Service Key.
- Select Edit at the bottom of the QuickBooks Services Key screen.
- Also, add the service key.
- Click Next and then Finish.
- Further, confirm the Payroll Update Message with OK.
- Ensure the service status is active and click Next.
Read Also: How to Resolve QuickBooks Time Login Issues?
The steps that are mentioned above are effective against QuickBooks error code 557. These steps are curated by industry experts to eliminate error 557. However, if you are struggling in applying the steps our QuickBooks Payroll Customer Service will assist you to resolve this error. Dial our helpline number +1-888-351-0999 to contact our support team.
Frequently Asked Questions
This issue usually affects folks using Windows XP, Vista, 7, or 8. QuickBooks is usually easy to use, however sometimes you run into hiccups like this error. It can happen due to things like wrong commands, not enough space, or technical jumbles.
To fix it, you can try some basic steps. Update QuickBooks to the latest version, fix your company file, and make sure no other software or hardware is causing trouble. If that doesn’t help, you can even try reinstalling QuickBooks or get in touch with QuickBooks support.
It can happen for different reasons. It could be due to setup issues, outdated software, messed-up company files, or software and hardware clashes.
To keep Error 557 away in the future, make sure to keep your QuickBooks updated and back up your company files regularly. Also, watch out for any troublesome software or hardware but keep your computer safe from malware and other bad stuff.