Finding it difficult to fix QuickBooks crashing error? Well, here is what you can do. QuickBooks keeps crashing error can be seen when there is a problem with the company file or the installation file. This error results in frequent crashes and freezes of the software. In case your software is crashing constantly, then you need to address this error as soon as possible, to avoid any sort of data loss. To help you out in dealing with this particular error, here we are with this piece of writing, sharing the complete details related to QuickBooks keeps crashing error.
To learn more, stick around this piece of writing or you can also connect with our technical support team at +1-844-539-0188, and we will help you with all your queries.
What causes QuickBooks crashing error or QuickBooks unexpectedly closes error?
The QuickBooks keeps crashing error usually won’t let the user to make use of the software. There can be a couple of factors leading to this error, which we have tried to enumerate below:
- In case you are trying to email a large report
- Another possible issue can be when working on transactions like invoices, sales orders, etc.
- You can also experience similar issue if you are running many reports side by side
- Or when you are working in different centers.
You must read: QuickBooks Downloads Desktop – How to Download and Install
Methods to eliminate QuickBooks keeps crashing error
There are a couple of methods that can be performed to fix the QuickBooks keeps crashing issue. Let us evaluate each of the methods one by one:
Method 1: Running QuickBooks database server manager
QuickBooks Database server manager can eliminate a few issues like QuickBooks crashing error up to a certain extent. The steps involved in this procedure are as follows:
- Begin with pressing Ctrl + J to head to the downloads section after downloading QuickBooks tool hub.
- You are then required to click on QuickBooksToolHub.exe from the download list.
- The next step is to select yes tab.
- Also, click on next tab to install it and click on yes to accept the license agreement.
- Now, after the installation is complete, you need to click on finish tab.
- Open QuickBooks tool hub on the server system.
- And then, head to the network issues tab and select QuickBooks database server manager.
- The database server manager tool will automatically scan the damaged company file.
Method 2: Running Quick Fix My Program
If the first method didn’t help, you can perform the below steps:
- You need to first go for QuickBooks tool hub.
- Now, move to the program problems tab.
- You need to then select quick fix my program.
- The tool might a few minutes to complete the task.
- Toward the end, reopen QuickBooks desktop.
Method 3: Run QuickBooks file doctor tool
If the above tools didn’t help, try running QuickBooks file doctor tool, as it can fix all sorts of company file and QuickBooks files related issues. The steps involved here are:
- Start by accessing the QuickBooks tool hub as mentioned in above procedures.
- After that, run QuickBooks file doctor tool from the company file issues tab.
- You will then have to select the company file by clicking on the browse tab.
- Select the network and file systems tab.
- Also, hit enter tab.
- Toward the end, you need to click on next tab after entering QuickBooks admin password.
Method 4: Close QuickBooks Desktop
- Under this process, you are supposed to double-click QuickBooks desktop when holding ctrl + shift
- After that, wait for QuickBooks to open before releasing ctrl + shift tabs.
- This will open up no company open window.
Method 5: Repair QuickBooks desktop
At times, there might be some issues with the software itself and such issues can be rectified by repairing QuickBooks. The steps to be performed to repair QuickBooks desktop are:
- Start by opening the run command and enter control panel
- From there, select the program and features tab.
- After that, select QuickBooks from the drop down menu and click on uninstall tab.
- In case asked to, choose yes tab.
- Or select next tab.
- Go for the repair tab and click on next tab.
- The next step is to click on repair tab.
- In case a file in use window shows up on the screen, then you need to select close and restart application and click on ok tab.
- The process to repair QuickBooks might take some time.
- After the repair process ends, you need to click on finish tab.
Method 6: Copy the company files to Desktop
Another essential method that can be performed to get rid of the QuickBooks crashing error is copying the company file to desktop. This involves a couple of steps listed below:
- At first, select new folder by right clicking on the desktop and opting for new tab.
- You now have to move to the current location of the company file.
- And then, copy the company file.
- And right click in the new folder and select paste.
- Press and hold ctrl key to open no company open window.
- Select open or restore an existing company from the drop down menu.
- And also right click the next tab after opening a company file.
- Move to the desktop file you copied and open it.
Method 7: Update QuickBooks and Windows
In case none of the above methods helped in fixing the issue, try performing the last method of updating both QuickBooks and windows. This involves a few steps. Let us have a look:
- The very first step is to right-click on the start tab.
- Once done with that, move to the settings tab.
- And also opt for update and security tab.
- The next step is to click on check for updates.
- And then, open your QuickBooks desktop.
- Followed by, heading to the help menu and select update QuickBooks tab.
- You are now required to remove all the previously downloaded updates and tick mark the reset update box.
- And then, choose get updates tab to conclude the process.
You should also read this: How to Fix QuickBooks Crashes while Exporting Reports to Excel?
QuickBooks keeps crashing error needs to be addressed as soon as possible to avoid any sort of further data loss or nuisance. Implementing the set of steps discussed above might help the user in rectifying the error successfully. However, if there are any queries troubling you or if you need any sort of technical guidance at any point in time, then in that scenario, we suggest you to get in touch with our technical support professionals at +1-844-539-0188, and directly discuss your queries with certified QuickBooks ProAdvisors.