Trying to export reports to excel in QuickBooks and suddenly hindered by a warning message? Well, this is an error often experienced in QuickBooks. Often when trying to export reports in QuickBooks, the user might come across the following error message on the screen: QuickBooks Crashes while Exporting Reports. While exporting reports to Excel, (both for new and existing worksheets), this error usually crashes QuickBooks, or the software might freeze with no progress.
There can be a couple of reasons triggering such an error in QuickBooks crashes exporting, which we will be elaborating on later in this post. It should be noted that the earlier versions of MS excel were having certain limitations, which include the Excel worksheet having a 256-column limit that will result in a warning message- “Excel allows 256 columns in a worksheet”, if exceeded.
In today’s article, we will be discussing the complete set of steps that can be performed to eliminate such an error in QuickBooks crash exporting from its root cause. If you are interested in finding out more about such an error, make sure to read the article carefully till the end. Or you can also seek assistance from our tech professionals at +1(888)351-0999 and they will help you to get through the issue and work smoothly on QuickBooks.
What triggers the QuickBooks crashes while exporting reports to excel?
A handful of factors can trigger such a QuickBooks desktop crashes issue. Below we have tried to list the most common reasons behind the occurrence of such an error. Let us have a look:
- One of the major factors causing such an error can be if the software has only been updated partially or the updates aren’t successful
- Another reason causing such an error in QuickBooks accounting software can be if there is faulty Microsoft excel software hindering the export process of the data from QuickBooks to excel
- The user can also end up in such an error if the software installation is hindered by a sudden power outage
- Moreover, if the version of QuickBooks that you are now using is outdated, then you might experience such an error
- The QuickBooks isn’t supported and is unable to export data to Excel, then you might come across this issue
- Also, when the File registry isn’t functioning properly, the occurrence of this error is common
Read also: How to Fix QuickBooks Error 6150, 1006?
Effective measures to eliminate the error from the root cause
The user can try to perform the below set of steps to get rid of the report not exported to excel error in QuickBooks. Let us check out the methods one by one:
Solution 1: Check the compatibility of your software with MS Excel
The user can upgrade the copy of QuickBooks to the recent version in order to get rid of the issue. As Microsoft Excel might not be compatible with older QuickBooks versions. The steps involved in this process are as follows:
- The very first step is to sign in to your QuickBooks account with the proper credentials.
- Once done with the user is supposed to invest in the most recent QuickBooks release. For this download it to your computer.
- And then perform the steps to set up instructions and eliminate the previous software version.
- The last step is to install the upgraded version of QuickBooks Desktop and perform the on-screen directions.
Solution 2: Create a dummy employee and create a new QB Online account
The user is suggested to make a dummy employee and also make a new QuickBooks online account to fix the issue. The steps involved here are as follows:
- The very first step is to Edit menu and then go for the Preferences tab
- Now choose the tabs stating, Payroll & Employees.
- Once done with that head to the Company Preferences.
- And also go for Full Payroll and make a dummy employee.
- The last step is to create a new QuickBooks Online account.
Solution 3: Create an employee sample
Creating a sample employee ensures resolving the QuickBooks crash caused at the time of exporting the reports to excel. The steps to be performed in this process are as follows:
- The very first step is to head to the Edit tab and navigate to the Preferences option
- Once done with that, the user needs to opt for the Payroll and Employees option.
- And also pick the Company Preference tab
- Go for the Full Payroll option
- After that create a sample of the Employee
- The last step is to set up a new QuickBooks Online account.
Solution 4: Relocate your company files to a different location
Often changing the location of the company file helps in rectifying the issue up to certain extent. The user would be required to perform the set of steps below:
- Ensure to exit from the QuickBooks Desktop.
- Later on, copy the company files and paste them onto the Desktop.
- The user should then reopen QuickBooks Desktop now, then go for the File menu.
- The last step here is to go for open or restore Company from the menu after saving the company file data.
You may also read: How to Resolve QuickBooks Error Code 6000?
Solution 5: Include Intuit website in the list of trustworthy websites
When none of the above methods help to eliminate the issue, the user is suggested to perform the below set of steps to get rid of the error from its root cause. The user will be required to include intuit website in the list of trustworthy websites and try to perform the task again.
- The very first step here is to launch QuickBooks and enter the login information.
- And then, head to the Internet Options from the Settings menu by tapping on it and then pick the Security option.
- Once done with that head to the Trusted Sites option.
- And also, uncheck the box next to Enable Protected Mode.
- The user should then click on Sites and enter ‘https://.intuit.com’ from the list of trustworthy sites.
- The last step in this process is to hit on Done to end the process and close the software.
Coming towards the end of the article, we expect the user to successfully eliminate the error with the procedures listed above. However, if the error continues even after performing the set of steps we have shared in this article getting rid of the QuickBooks crashes while exporting reports to excel error, or if the user lands into some issue again while performing the fixation steps, then it is recommended to connect with our QuickBooks technical support personnel at +1(888)351-0999 and we will provide the user with immediate support and assistance. We are a team of technically sound QuickBooks professionals who work round the clock in providing the best possible support services instantly.
How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 3371 like a Pro
How to Resolve QuickBooks error code 80070057?