QuickBooks has become one of the most robust accounting software in recent years. This software is compiled with amazing features and functionalities to make the user experience more relevant. It comes in different variants according to the size of businesses and their requirements. While offering many features and easing the accounting work for many, it also has its flaws. Like any other software, it is also prone to errors that appear in the form of error codes. One such common error is QuickBooks Error 12152.
In this article, we are going to provide you with important details about this error. Read this article till the end to learn about its causes, symptoms, and ways to fix this error. However, it will be easy for you to resolve this error after going through this segment. You can also ask for assistance. To get connected to the QuickBooks support team you can contact our helpline number i.e. ++1-844-539-0188.
Check Also: How to Resolve QuickBooks Error 12157?
What is QuickBooks Error 12152?
Well to make this information hassle-free let us give you an overview of QuickBooks Error Code 12152. This common error is related to the 12xxx error series that is generally related to payroll errors. Error 12152 can occur when you try to download or also if you try to update QuickBooks desktop payroll. Any technical glitch like issues with internet settings or distorted connection between software and server can trigger this error. So, continue reading this blog.
What causes QuickBooks error code 12152?
QuickBooks update error 12152 can occur for various reasons. We have mentioned a list of reasons below.
- Compatible with older versions of QuickBooks, specifically QuickBooks Desktop 2014 and earlier.
- QuickBooks didn’t identify License Data.
- There may be a problem with your Windows API key.
- Your PC is infected with a serious virus or malware.
- Software installation problem.
- Issues related to Windows registry files.
- The system suddenly turned off due to power outage.
- You accidentally delete an important QuickBooks file.
Symptoms of QuickBooks Payroll Update Error Code 12152
Error code 12152 in QuickBooks Desktop can be easily identified using the signs and symptoms listed below.
- If you can’t update your QuickBooks software.
- Your computer freezes frequently.
- Another symptom could be that the QuickBooks window crashes very frequently.
- Error code 12152 is displayed on the screen.
- The computer is slow to accept commands.
Methods to fix QuickBooks update error 12152
A bunch of methods can be performed in successfully rectifying QuickBooks error 12152. Let us evaluate each of the methods one by one:
Method 1: Perform Clean installation of QuickBooks Software.
The very first method can be to use QuickBooks clean install tool and try fixing the error. The steps involved in here are:
- First, uninstall the QuickBooks software.
- Then download it again from Intuit’s official website.
- Next, install and start the QuickBooks software.
- Select the Scan option and wait until the process completes.
- Several errors are displayed on the screen.
- Now select the Repair All option.
Method 2: Use the System Restore feature
- First, restart your PC.
- Log in to the system using Windows administrator credentials.
- Click the Start menu.
- In the search bar type System Restore.
- Next, look for the Reset your computer to a previous time and date option.
- After that you have to select the above option and move to the Next button and click on it.
- Select the latest one from the list of restore points.
- Click on the Next button.
- Now wait for recovery process to get complete. Then restart your PC.
Method 3: Check the system date and time
- First, check whether the PC date and time on the system are correct.
- Click on Start Menu.
- Then select the Change date/time option.
- Now restart QuickBooks Desktop
- Now, check if the error has been resolved.
For Windows 10 users:
- Open the Settings option and click on Time & Language.
- Next, go to the Date and Time option.
- To set the current time, select the Set time automatically option.
- In the Time Zone tab, enter the correct time zone.
Method 4: Reset Internet Explorer settings
- First, go to the Start menu.
- Next, type Control Panel in the search field. Then click Enter
- The control panel will open.
- In this window, look for Internet options.
- Then select Internet Options.
- Go to the Advanced tab and click to open the window.
- Finally, select the Advanced Reset option.
Method 5: Fixing Registry Issues
- First, go to the Start menu.
- Enter the word command in the search field.
- Press the CTRL and Shift keys on your keyboard at the same time and press Enter.
- The User Accounts dialog box appears on the screen.
- Click the Yes button.
- When complete, a command prompt window will appear with a blinking cursor.
- Enter the word regedit.
- Then press Enter.
- Select the key associated with error 12152 in a registry editor such as Google Chrome or Internet Explorer.
- Select Export from the File menu.
- Google Chrome or IE backup keys must be saved in a folder.
- Name the folder and select the Selected branch.
- Then click the Save button.
- Finally, check if the file is saved as a .reg file.
Now as we end this article we believe that it is helpful for you to overcome QuickBooks Error Code 12152. Payroll errors are typically more common as software needs to be updated from time to time. It is important to manage sales and transactions on daily basis. Also, we have provided simple steps above to resolve this error. However, there is any confusion in understanding these steps you can ask our support team for assistance. Contact to our experts for assistance at our helpline number ++1-844-539-0188.
Frequently Asked Questions
This issue is part of the 12xxx series of error codes related to QuickBooks Desktop installation issues. This error usually occurs when updating QB Desktop to the latest version.
These payroll errors can occur for several reasons, including:
1. Internet settings are incorrect.
2. If you are using an older version of his QuickBooks.
3. License data that is not identified by QuickBooks can also cause this error.
1. Configure Internet settings.
2. Correct the system date and time.
3. Reinstall QuickBooks Desktop.
Some users experience error 15262 when updating QuickBooks. This error occurs if the QuickBooks File Copy Service (FCS) is down when you try to update QuickBooks.