Experiencing payroll error code 12057 and don’t know what is to be done? Well, we have got you covered. This particular write up is going to revolve all around the QuickBooks error code 12057, its causes and some effective fixes. Talking about QuickBooks error 12057, it basically belongs to QuickBooks 12000 error series, and is reported by Microsoft Win32 Internet application programming interface. The WinInet API is often used by QuickBooks for accessing the standard internet protocols such as HTTP, FTP, and Gopher. You might come across similar issue when downloading or receiving the updates.
Get a grip on to such an error by going through this segment with full concentration. Or you can also connect with our support professionals at 1-888-351-0999.
You might see also: How to fix QuickBooks Company File Error 6189?
What triggers QuickBooks error 12057?
You can end up in such error due to the following factors:
- One of the basic reasons can be slow internet connection
- Another reason causing this error can be incorrect network SSL configuration settings.
- You might face such an error if the QuickBooks software fails to communicate with the intuit servers
Measures to be taken to fix the QuickBooks error 12057
You can try fixing the QuickBooks error code 12057 by performing any of the below steps and procedures. Let us have a look:
Measure 1: Installing Microsoft and QuickBooks updates
- You need to close any QuickBooks associated program.
- Furthermore, close QuickBooks as well.
- Install the Microsoft windows operating system updates
- Reboot the system, if it doesn’t restarts on its own
- Open the QuickBooks software and move to the help menu.
- Choose update QuickBooks desktop.
- You need to now choose options tab and also click on checkbox for yes enable QuickBooks automatic updates.
- Furthermore, click on mark all
- Choose update now and also select get updates
- Wait for the updates to complete
- Also, close QuickBooks after the updates complete
Measure 2: Configuring the system’s Internet settings
- Under this process you would first have to close or shutdown the software.
- Furthermore, open or turn on the internet explorer
- And head to the tools tab and internet options respectively
- You then have to go for the advanced option
- Move to the security group and move down
- Further, click on the check for server certificate revocation and also check for publisher’s certificate revocation to clear the checkbox.
- Now, close and reopen the internet explorer
- Minimize the internet explorer
- And also open the QuickBooks software
- Try updating payroll again
Check your internet connection outside of QuickBooks. If it doesn’t open, then the issue is with the internet connection. Else perform the steps below:
- Move to help menu and internet connection setup.
- Choose use my computer’s internet connection settings for establishing a connection when this application accesses the internet
- Hit next
- Move to advanced connection settings
- Go for advanced tab
- Move to the security group and ensure that the use SSL 2.0 and Use SSL 3.0 options are selected.
- Hit ok tab and also done tab
- Check for internet security and personal firewall setting configuration.
Measure 3: Set the Correct System Date and Time
The update process can get restricted if the system date and time settings are incorrect. The following steps can fix the system date and time.
- Close your QuickBooks Desktop.
- Go to Control Panel and click on Clock and Region option.
- Now click on Date and Time and make the changes.
- Now try updating the payroll again.
Measure 4: Access the PC as Administrator
- Go to the control panel and head to accounts section.
- Check that logged in user has all privileges of admin in the user account option.
- Now grant all admin rights to the user if not granted already.
- Now right-click on QuickBooks icon and choose run as admin.
- Now go to the help menu and try to update QuickBooks.
See Also: How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code H202?
Measure 5: Update QuickBooks in Safe Mode
If the above steps didn’t work out for you try to update QuickBooks in safe mode.
- First of all, Reboot the system.
- Now click on the F8 key till advanced boot options appear.
- Now select the safe mode with the networking option and click enter.
- Once QuickBooks screen loads, open QuickBooks and try updating the accounting program.
- To update QuickBooks desktop, open QuickBooks desktop.
- Head to the help menu and choose update QuickBooks desktop.
- Once done with that click on update now tab.
- After that, check the box next to reset update to clear the previous update download.
- The user needs to click on get updates to download the latest updates.
- When the download completes, close and reopen QuickBooks desktop.
- The next step is to click on yes to install the updates.
- Once he installation is complete, reboot QuickBooks desktop.
Read also: How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 404?
Going through this particular segment would surely be of some help to you in getting rid of the QuickBooks error code 12057. Whereas, if you have any query, or if you need any of our assistance, then in that case connect with our QuickBooks technical support personnel via our support line i.e. 1-888-351-0999. Our tech geeks will surely come up with the most suitable error solutions in no time.