Experiencing payroll error code 12057 and don’t know what is to be done? Well, we have got you covered. This particular write up is going to revolve all around the QuickBooks error code 12057, its causes and some effective fixes. Talking about QuickBooks error 12057, it basically belongs to QuickBooks 12000 error series, and is reported by Microsoft Win32 Internet application programming interface. The WinInet API is often used by QuickBooks for accessing the standard internet protocols such as HTTP, FTP, and Gopher. You might come across similar issue when downloading or receiving the updates.
Get a grip on to such an error by going through this segment with full concentration. Or you can also connect with our support professionals at 1-888-351-0999.
You might see also: How to fix QuickBooks Company File Error 6189?
What triggers QuickBooks connectivity error 12057?
You can end up in such error due to the following factors:
- One of the basic reasons can be slow internet connection
- Another reason causing this error can be incorrect network SSL configuration settings.
- You might face such an error if the QuickBooks software fails to communicate with the intuit servers
Measures to be taken to fix the QuickBooks error 12057
You can try fixing the QuickBooks error code 12057 by performing any of the below steps and procedures. Let us have a look:
Measure 1: Installing Microsoft and QuickBooks updates
- You need to close any QuickBooks associated program.
- Furthermore, close QuickBooks as well.
- Install the Microsoft windows operating system updates
- Reboot the system, if it doesn’t restarts on its own
- Open the QuickBooks software and move to the help menu.
- Choose update QuickBooks desktop.
- You need to now choose options tab and also click on checkbox for yes enable QuickBooks automatic updates.
- Furthermore, click on mark all
- Choose update now and also select get updates
- Wait for the updates to complete
- Also, close QuickBooks after the updates complete
Measure 2: Configuring the system’s Internet settings
- Under this process you would first have to close or shutdown the software.
- Furthermore, open or turn on the internet explorer
- And head to the tools tab and internet options respectively
- You then have to go for the advanced option
- Move to the security group and move down
- Further, click on the check for server certificate revocation and also check for publisher’s certificate revocation to clear the checkbox.
- Now, close and reopen the internet explorer
- Minimize the internet explorer
- And also open the QuickBooks software
- Try updating payroll again
Check your internet connection outside of QuickBooks. If it doesn’t open, then the issue is with the internet connection. Else perform the steps below:
- Move to help menu and internet connection setup.
- Choose use my computer’s internet connection settings for establishing a connection when this application accesses the internet
- Hit next
- Move to advanced connection settings
- Go for advanced tab
- Move to the security group and ensure that the use SSL 2.0 and Use SSL 3.0 options are selected.
- Hit ok tab and also done tab
- Check for internet security and personal firewall setting configuration.
Read also: How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 404?
Going through this particular segment would surely be of some help to you in getting rid of the QuickBooks error code 12057. Whereas, if you have any query, or if you need any of our assistance, then in that case connect with our QuickBooks technical support personnel via our support line i.e. 1-888-351-0999. Our tech geeks will surely come up with the most suitable error solutions in no time.