Use our expert tips to fix QuickBooks POS Error 1706 like a pro
QuickBooks Point of Sale is an extremely useful retail software, enabling structured and process arrangements. Its wide range of inbuilt functions help its users perform several marketing activities and simplify many challenges. However, despite being a fairly advanced tool, QB POS isn’t entirely free from error and technical glitches. One of the errors that POS users often face is QuickBooks POS Error 1706. This error generally appears during Installation or Update of QuickBooks Point of Sale.
Also, it’s easy to identify this error. You receive a message or warning window pop up –
“A valid authorization not found. Now when you know how to identify this error, let’s learn about the reasons and solutions of this error.
See Also: Resolve the QuickBooks error code 15222
Causes of QuickBooks Point of Sale Error 1706
One or more of the following reasons may trigger QuickBooks Error 1706:
- The source from which you installed QuickBooks, such as a CD, DVD or Install Shield, may have been damaged or corrupt and thus not letting POS open.
- A beta form of Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 is introduced on your computer.
- Microsoft .NET Framework form introduced on your framework is either corrupt or partially updated.
- Microsoft .NET Framework configuration may have some issues.
- Windows files or parts essential for QuickBooks Point of Sale to work appropriately are damaged, corrupt or missing.
- Random-Access Memory (RAM) doesn’t have enough space.
- The number of applications exceeded while Windows was starting up.
- Issues found in POS in the Windows library.
Solutions of QuickBooks POS Error code 1706
You can use the following methods to fix error code 1706:
Step 1: Use Microsoft Fix it tool
- Download Microsoft Fixit (or System File Checker tool)
- Install the tool and allow it to run
- The tool will repair window files consisting of Microsoft .Net Framework
- Restart your computer and QB POS and see if the issue has been resolved
You may also like: How to troubleshoot QuickBooks Error 15241?
Step 2: Reinstall QuickBooks Point of Sale (POS)
If the step, as mentioned, doesn’t fix the problem, you should uninstall POS and install it again.
You may also like: How to troubleshoot QuickBooks Error 176104?
Steps to Install QuickBooks Point of Sale:
- Download QuickBooks Point of Sale from the official website of Intuit
- Do a right-click (or double click) the POS executable file
- Overwrite the existing extracted QuickBooks files in case prompted during the process of installation
- Select all positive options such as Yes, OK and Next
- Type in the license number and product number you have in the appropriate format
- Next, select the mode (single- or multi-user mode) in which you wish to use QB Point of Sale
- If you by mistake or unknowingly select wrong workstation type, you will have to uninstall and install the software again.
Read Also: How to solve QuickBooks Error 6190 and 816?
The solutions, as provided in this article, will, in most cases, help you fix QuickBooks POS Error 1706. In case the issue persists even after performing the troubleshooting steps as mentions above, you can contact our 24×7 QuickBooks support team at 1-888-351-0999 for advanced solutions.