When installing QuickBooks, it is very much common to end up in QuickBooks error 4120. This error is often seen with an error message that says “QuickBooks has encountered a problem and needs to be shut down without any further explanation”. As we mentioned earlier, the user can end up in such an error when trying to install the QuickBooks software with the latest release. Such an error can be seen if the operating system is corrupt or if the Microsoft components required by QuickBooks desktop aren’t either working properly or are corrupt. The consequences of such an error can be software malfunctioning and also the software and the system might respond sluggishly. The system might crash, freeze, or hang after the error appears.
If the user is interested in finding out the right fixes to the QuickBooks error code 4120, then reading this post till the end will surely work. Or the user can also contact our support team for any further assistance.
Read Also: How to resolve QuickBooks error 80029c4a?
What leads to QuickBooks error code 4120?
The user can end up in such an error due to the below-stated reasons:
- A common reason facing such an error can be if there is any virus or malware infection
- If there is corruption in QuickBooks download and installation
- If there are corrupt windows registry due to alteration in the software linked with QuickBooks
- The user can also face such an error if the security software is incorrectly mark.
System requirements for avoiding QuickBooks error 4120
The user should ensure to have the below system requirements, so as to avoid QuickBooks error code 4120.
- Operating system- Windows XP, Windows vista, Windows 7, windows 8 and above
- Processor- 2.0 GHz
- RAM- 512 MB
- Internet- Internet connection is required
- Browser- Internet explorer browser 6.0
- CD ROM- 4x CD-ROM drive
See also: How to fix QuickBooks error code 1321?
Solutions to follow to fix QuickBooks error code 4120
The user can perform the below steps and procedures to fix QuickBooks error code 4120:
Method 1: Copying the company files to another system
- The very first step is to copy all the company-related files to some other system. And then, check if the user can open the files in another system or not
- After that the user needs to copy all the company related files to some other system. Also, check if you can open the files in another system or not
- In case the files do not open in the other system as well, then it means that the files are damage. These damaged files can be repaired by simply using the file doctor tool.
Method 2: Repair and reinstall the Microsoft .net framework
Windows 7, vista, Xp
- The user should close all the running applications
- After that move to the windows start menu and also select the control panel
- The next step is to select add or remove option
- Also, click on change/uninstall, remove or repair
- A setup wizard window will open
- The user should select repair and next options respectively
- Also, perform the wizard to repair the .net framework installation
- Reboot the system
You may also like: How to Fix QuickBooks Error 6150, 1006?
Method 3: Running disk cleanup
- In this process, the user should back up the files and try freeing up the space on the hard drive
- The next step is to clear the cache and then restart the system
- The user should now run the disk cleanup and launch the windows explorer
- After that right click the main directory which is C:
- And click on properties tab
- And also choose disk cleanup.
Method 4: Repair QuickBooks desktop
- This process requires user to open to control panel and click on uninstall option
- In case the user finds an option to repair QuickBooks, then the user should try the steps to repair the application
- In case the repair option doesn’t work, then it is suggest to clean Install tool for QuickBooks Desktop.
Read this also: How to Fix QuickBooks Error code 6123?
Method 5: Follow the steps to use QuickBooks file doctor tool
- The user can download the QuickBooks file doctor tool and try fixing the issue through it
- Download the QuickBooks tool hub and press Ctrl + J keys.
- Click on the QuickBookstoolshub.exe in the download list
- And click on yes to accept the license agreement
- After that click on next option and also click on install option
- Once the install process ends, click on finish
- Click on the icon to open it
- The next step is to select company file issues tab from the tool hub
- And then choose to run the QuickBooks file doctor tool option
- Select the company file causing the issue
- And click on continue
- The user will then have to enter the password if needed.
- The tool will itself perform the necessary steps to fix the issue and this would resolve QuickBooks error code 4120.
Method 6: Check for any system errors
- The user should now update the antivirus and the antimalware programs on the system
- And also perform a full scan of the system after the program is activated
- The user should also remove the virus and try fixing the bugs
- In case the user finds no virus causing the issue, then in that case contacting professionals is recommend.
Read Also: What are the ways to fix QuickBooks error 80070057?
Coming to the end of the article, the QuickBooks users might be able to successfully fix the QuickBooks error code 4120. However, if there is any issue in fixing the error, after following the steps mentioned in above, then in that case contacting Axpert Accounting team is suggested. We are a team of experts and professionals, who would ensure to provide the best possible support immediately. Get in touch with our team of experts using our number i.e. 1-888-351-0999.