All that you need to know about the QuickBooks error code 15222:
QuickBooks is known for its advanced financial and accounting features and it has highly benefited the small and medium companies. Managing payroll is a very cumbersome task for companies and that’s why most of them use QuickBooks. This feature in the application ensures smooth and easy payroll processing. However, at times errors do occur while managing the payroll in QuickBooks and one such payroll is the QuickBooks error code 15222. This error generally happens while updating the file or payroll.
It is very important to understand what causes this error as this will help in fixing it. If you are encountering similar issue and looking forward for a fixation guide, then today’s post can be a savior for you. In today’s post, we are going to discuss in detail the methods to resolve QuickBooks error code 15222. Thus, make sure to read this post carefully. If you are seeking for expert assistance, or you feel the error is a bit too technical for you to handle, then give us a call at our toll-free number i.e. 1-888-351-0999, our experts and certified professionals will be there at your rescue. Our QuickBooks support team is known for instant support, so feel free to call us anytime.
Read also: How to resolve QuickBooks error code 17337?
What is QuickBooks error 15222?
QuickBooks error code 15222 is often seen when the user downloads payroll or desktop update within the software. This error could be spotted in the QUickBooks 2016, 2017, 2018, or so on…. This error can also hinder the smooth process and do not let the user work with the QB program, but it permits the user to access the company file. This error can be tackled by carrying out a couple of steps that are discussed later in this post. So keep read on!
What Causes QuickBooks Update Error 15222?
Keeping the causes in mind, makes it easy for the user to get rid of the error with much ease. There can be couple of factors that might lead to this annoying error. Let us have a look at those causes one by one:
- This error occurs when antispyware, antimalware and antiadware see QuickBooks update as a threat. It should be noted that this error is not associated with antivirus software, but can be if it is coupled with antispyware and so on
- When the register digital signature does not work but the function is shown active in Internet Explorer
- When the Internet Explorer is not set as the default browser.
Symptoms of QuickBooks Error code 15222
Signs and symptoms can also contribute much in dealing with the error. Thus, below we have listed some of the common signs and symptoms that can help the user in identifying the QuickBooks error code 15222:
- Payroll Updates are not downloading
- When QuickBooks user is not able to download the QuickBooks download
- The system becomes sluggish
- QuickBooks freezes for sometime
Ensure that you have an active QuickBooks payroll subscription. The user is also required to make sure that after attempting every solution, he/she downloads the latest payroll tax table update to check if the error has been resolved.
See also: How to Fix QuickBooks error code 3180?
Solution to QuickBooks payroll error code 15222
Checkout the following troubleshooting steps in order to resolve QuickBooks error 15222:
Solution 1: Install a digital signal signature
- The first thing to do is shut QuickBooks Desktop
- Now you have to right click on the QBW32.exe file that is stored in the C:\ Program Files\ Intuit\ QuickBooks and then select on Properties
- Now click on the Digital Signature tab. Ensure that the Intuit inc is chosen in the signature list
- Select Details and in the Digital Signature Window, click on View Certificate
- In the Certificate Window, click on Install Certificate
- Keep on clicking on the Next button until Finish message pops up on the screen
- Once the entire process is completed, restart your system, open QuickBooks, download and update it.
Read also: How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 7010?
Solution 2: Update some software’s in your Windows
It is very important to update some of the softwares in your computer like antispyware, antimalware and antiadware, so that they are in sync with Intuit.com. QuickBooks.com and Payroll.com
Solution 3: Authenticate the Settings of Internet Explorer
- The first thing to do is make Internet Explorer as the default browser
- Check if the time and date of the computer is correct or not
- After this you have to verify the cipher strength
- Now you have to update the entire setting by clicking on the Tool tab and choose the Internet Option. In the general tab we need to select Delete. Then select the Temporary Internet Files and click on Delete. Lastly, we have to choose LAN settings on the connection tab
- Once done, mark the checkbox which is next to Automatically Detect Settings and make sure that the SSL 2.0 and SSL 3.0 is marked.
Solution 4: Checking the Cipher strength
The user is also required to check the cipher strength, as it can help in identifying the problem with the internet explorer. The steps to be followed are as follows:
- The very first thing is to open the Internet explorer and then in the address bar enter https://www.intuit.com/. Now, press Alt key and also you will see highlighted menu bar
- The next step is to click on file and then properties option
- After that, the user will be taken to the Internet explorer properties window. There the user will be required to check the encryption details.
It should be noted that a Cipher strength less than 128 bit indicates that the Internet explorer is damaged, which could lead to failure in updating.
Solution 5: Using Quick Fix My Program and File doctor
- The user is recommended to download the QuickBooks tool hub and ensure that the download location is easy to access
- After that double click the file to initiate the installation and also carry out the onscreen prompts and complete the installation of QuickBooks tool hub
- Now open the program in a new window on the system. It will have several tabs on the left of the window. This is where, the user needs to select the program problems option
- After that, the user will see a screen with the details on the ways to fix QuickBooks program. The user will then be required to click on Quick fix my program. This tool will run in the background to identify issues files and repair and damaged files that it came across. After the tool fixes the issue, open QuickBooks and download the latest payroll tax table
The user can also opt for the file doctor tool by selecting company file issues in the QuickBooks tool hub and then select the QuickBooks file doctor. This tool scans QB desktop as well as the third party programs used by QuickBooks to check the problems and corrupt files. After the process completes, close tool hub and open your QB desktop
Steps to download the latest payroll tax table updates
In order to download the latest payroll tax table, the user can carry out the steps below:
- For this, the user is first required to open the QuickBooks program and then click on the employees option
- After that, the user needs to select the Get payroll updates from the employees menu
- The next step is to check the box that says Download entire update
- After that, select the option download the latest update
- After the update is downloaded and installed, the user can restart QuickBooks
For Further Information Dial 1-844-405-0906!
Resolving the QuickBooks error code 15222 is easy but if you have any queries or get stuck while fixing it, you can always connect with QuickBooks premier technical support team. Give us a call at our toll-free number i.e. 1-888-351-0999, and our executives and certified accounting professionals will get back to you with some of the most effective solutions. Thus, do not hesitate in calling us anytime, as our support team will be happy to help you!