QuickBooks is among the top ranked software which is used widely as effective accounting software. The software has some of the great potential features which make it suitable for the use by small and middle-sized businesses for their financial and accounting tasks. The software has been very well-designed but even though it is prone to a number of errors. QuickBooks Payroll Error Code PS032 is one such error indicates that the user is unable to download or install the updates released for QB payroll.
Today’s post is going to discuss the ways in which this error could be resolved and also a few of the common causes of this error. Getting rid of this error becomes easy with the below mentioned methods. So, make sure that you read this post till the end carefully. Or we offer instant support services that you can avail, in case you have any query. You can call us at our toll-free number i.e. 1-888-351-0999, and our QuickBooks premier technical support team will be there to assist you in a single call.
You may also read: How to Fix QuickBooks error code PS033?
What is QuickBooks Payroll Error Code PS032?
When QuickBooks payroll requires an update, it has to be done shortly because it comprises of the resolutions for the issues that a user might face while using the latest software version. When a user tries to download the latest version of QB payroll, then he might face the QuickBooks Error Codes PS032, PS034 or PS077. The following error message displays on the screen:
‘QuickBooks having problem in installing payroll tax table update’.
Error codes which usually have a prefix indicate that these are Payroll Error and happen when one attempts to perform finance refreshes. These errors hamper the advancement of QuickBooks assignments and needs to be fixed.
Reasons why QuickBooks Payroll Error PS032 occurs
- The tax table file in the Components is damaged.
- When a user has not registered for QuickBooks.
- Damaged QuickBooks Company file.
- You billing information is incorrect
Basic steps before troubleshooting the error
- Restart the system which will close all the unnecessary programs running in the background.
- Go to QuickBooks and Check if payroll requires an update.
- Click Home + F2 key and check whether you have registered in QuickBooks or not.
- Make sure that the billing date is up to date and is in proper format.
- If you are user with Operating System- Windows 7, 8, Vista, then make sure that you switch off UAC and update the software again.
- Only one version of QuickBooks should be installed on your computer.
QuickBooks License: Note down the license number of QuickBooks software which you will require for error resolution in future. Following the steps below, you can find the license number:
- Press F2 key in QuickBooks home section
- As the screen of product information opens, check the license number.
- Write the license number and close this window.
Multiple QuickBooks Installation: Ensure that you uninstall the software which is not in use. After this, reset the QuickBooks payroll update.
You may also like: How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 392?
Steps to fix QuickBooks Payroll Update Error PS032
Checkout the following troubleshooting methods to fix the QuickBooks payroll update error PS032:
Solution 1: Rename the CPS folder
- To begin with, the user needs to press the Windows key + E keys to open the file explorer
- After that, choose this PC, on the left menu
- The next step is to visit the local disk C
- Once done with that, the user needs to open the Program Files (x86), then the Intuit folder. The point to be noted here is that, if the user is unable to see the program files (x86), open the program files folder
- After that, the user needs to open QuickBooks desktop folder that matches the version used
- And then open components and payroll folder
- The next step is to right click the CPS folder, and then click on the rename folder. Also, enter CPSOLD and then press enter key to successfully renaming it
- Moving ahead, the user needs to craft a new CPS folder, and open QuickBooks desktop
- To end the process, download the latest payroll tax table update
Solution 2: Carry out a clean install in selective startup
To resolve this error you can perform a clean install of QuickBooks desktop windows:
- The very first step is to prepare the data
- And then start the computer in selective startup mode
- After that uninstall or install QuickBooks desktop
- To end the process, make sure to switch back to normal startup mode
Solution 3: Checking if you have a duplicate copy of QuickBooks
The user needs to ensure that only one installation of each version of QuickBooks desktop is present on the system. Having multiple QuickBooks products on the system, so make sure that you have only one of each version installed.
- To begin with, the user needs to press windows + R to open the run window
- And then enter the control panel, and choose OK tab
- After that, the user needs to select uninstall a program
- And also, ensure that you have only one of each year version in the list
Solution 4: Change User Account Control (UAC) in Windows
- The initial step is to press Windows + R keys in order to open the run window
- After that. the user needs to type control panel and hit OK key
- Moving ahead, select user accounts and then choose the user accounts classic view
- The next step is to choose the change user account control settings. Also, if prompted by UAC, choose yes tab
- Now, move the slider
- The user needs to set to never notify ad choose OK to turn UAC off
- Or set to always notify and choose OK to turn on UAC
- Lastly, reboot the system.
All the above-mentioned steps are easy to implement and can resolve the QuickBooks error PS032 issue without any problem. But if you are not able to resolve this issue, then you can get in touch with our QuickBooks Payroll technical support team which will handle all your issues and resolve them quickly. You can contact on this toll-free number and get in touch with our expert at 1-888-351-0999.