QuickBooks is considered as one of the finest accounting software in the industry. But it is quite prone to errors due to various reasons. QuickBooks Error 6129 0 is a common error that halts your work and thus, increases time consumption. You will find that this error displays when the verification of the database connection file fails. You will not be able to open the company file. First of all, check if there is a network problem that is being used by the software, then it will not be able to find the computer or server.
You might also see: How to Fix QuickBooks Error 6150, 1006?
QuickBooks Error Code 6129 0 Information
- Error Name: QuickBooks Pro Code 6129 0
- Number: Error 6129, 0
- Developer: Intuit Inc.
- Software: QuickBooks
- Error Description: Error 6129 0: QuickBooks Pro has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.
- Applies to: Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8
We will now discuss the causes and steps to fix the QuickBooks Error Code 6129 0.
Read Also: How to Resolve the QuickBooks Error 1310?
Reasons why QuickBooks Error 6129 0 occur
- Computers hosted on multi-user configuration are not using the latest version of QuickBooks desktop.
- Data files are on the corrupted network.
- There is a mismatch between the client and server domain.
- Improper system shutdown.
- Invalid entries in Windows registry.
- The company file has been upgraded to new version of QuickBooks Desktop with the use of a non-Windows Administrator profile.
- The network data file is damaged.
Symptoms of QuickBooks Error Code 6129 0
- Error code appears on the screen, and window crashes.
- System freezes when the error cannot be found.
- Window response is slow.
Read this also: How to fix QuickBooks Error code 6190 and 816?
Steps to fix QuickBooks Error Code 6129 0
Below are some quick and highly effective steps to fix QuickBooks Error Code 6129 0. There are different methods to troubleshoot the error. You can follow all of them and check out which one brings results. But first ensure that all the computers are using the latest version of QuickBooks release.
Solution 1: Log in as Windows Administrator
- Try to open the company file. Login as Windows Administrator by clicking on ‘Run as Administrator’ and update the company file.
- If you are not able to login as Windows Administrator, get in touch with Windows Support or IT professional for help.
Solution 2: Move company file to another location
- Create New Folder.
- Move all the QuickBooks Company Files to newly created folder.
- It will easy for you to do the following steps if QuickBooks is being used only on one system.
- Click on Windows Start button > Programs > QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
- Select ‘Scan Folders’ Tab.
- If no folder found, create a new folder.
- Click Scan and then Close once scan is done.
- Open the Company File.
Solution 3: Turn-off Antivirus in the Safe Mode
- Restart your system in Safe Mode.
- Disable antivirus software.
- Create new company file.
- Restart computer in Normal mode.
- Now, open QuickBooks and Company file.
Read this also: How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 12029?
Solution 4: Rename QuickBooks Network Files (.ND)
- Open the folder where company file is saved.
- Check for the QuickBooks files in hard drive named with extension ‘.nd’.
- Rename the old company file.
- Type ‘.OLD’ as file extension and press Enter key.
- Click on Windows Start button > Programs > QuickBooks > QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
- Click on “Scan Folders’
- If no folder found, add a ‘New Folder’.
- Click Scan and then, close.
- Open the Company File.
Solution 5: Make Sure that all the connected computers are on the same domain
Contact a Network Administrator to help you connect all the systems to one domain.
Solution 6: Check solution at the time of Easy Step interview
- When user is in Easy Step interview, click leave.
- A message ‘Save the file?’ will appear on the screen. Click Yes.
- Now, Enter the file name and Save.