Working with full concentration on your QuickBooks software and suddenly got interrupted by some sort of technical issue? Well, this is a very normal thing with QuickBooks that can annoy the user at large. This particular error is seen with an error message that says:
“QuickBooks has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience”.
It is basically a runtime error that happens when the software fails or crashes when running. Get a better insight into QuickBooks error code 6098 by reading this segment with much care. You can also connect with our tech geeks for better assistance on the same.
Symptoms of QuickBooks error 6098
Well, the runtime errors happen without much of warning. The error message might come up on the screen anytime. The error message or some other dialog box can appear again and again if not addressed on time. Moreover, there might be instances of files deletion or new files appearing. However, this symptom is largely due to virus infection, it can be attributed as a symptom for running error, as virus infection is one of the major causes for runtime issues. Often you might experience a sudden drop in the internet connection speed, yet again.
What causes QuickBooks error 6098?
Often at the time of designing the software, programmers might leave a loophole leading to such an error. However, even the perfect designs might have similar issue. These glitches can be seen during runtime, in case the error is not addressed at the time of designing the software. These errors are caused by incompatible programs running at the same time. It might also be seen as result of memory issue, a bad graphic driver, or virus infection.
You may also like: How to Resolve the QuickBooks Error Code 15103?
Latest methods to troubleshoot the QuickBooks error code 6098
You can perform the below methods, so as to rectify the QuickBooks error code 6098:
Process 1: Close programs
This error can be caused due to conflicting program running in the background. You would have to perform the below measures:
- Start off with clicking on alt + delete keys and open the task manager. This will show the list of programs running currently.
- Move to the processes tab and stop the programs one by one by highlighting each program and click on end process tab.
- Observe if the issue message reoccurs.
- You need to perform the required steps and reinstall the software.
Process 2: IE related runtime error
Step 1: Reset the browser
- You need to click on start tab and move to control panel and click on internet options.
- Click on advanced tab and click on search and type internet options.
- Move to advanced tab and click on reset.
Read this also: How to Resolve the QuickBooks Error 1310?
Step 2: You need to then disable script debugging and error notification
- On the same internet options window, you would have to head to advanced tab and look for disable script debugging.
- Check mark on the radio tab.
- Uncheck the display a notification about every script error item and click on apply and ok and reboot the system.
You may also read: How to Fix QuickBooks Payroll Error PS058?
Process 3: Run disk cleanup
- You are supposed to back up the files and free up the space on the hard drive.
- Clear your cache and reboot the system.
- Run disk cleanup and open the explorer window and right click the main directory.
- Last but not the least, click on properties tab and also click on disk cleanup.
Process 4: Update/reinstall conflicting programs
- You need to click on start tab and further click on start tab and then scroll down and click on more settings.
- Click on control panel and uninstall a program.
- You need to type control panel on the search bar for windows 10 and then click on uninstall a program.
- In case you want to update, then follow the prompt to complete the process.
- You will have to follow the steps to uninstall, if you wish to.
- Re-download or use the application’s installation disk to reinstall the program.
Other solution methods you may try
- If you are using windows 7, then you might find the list of all installed programs when you click on start tab and scroll the mouse over the list that appear on the tab.
- You might see on the list utility for uninstalling the program.
- Where you need to uninstall using utilities available.
- If you are using windows 10, then click on start then settings, and after that select apps.
- Scroll down to see the list of apps and features installed in the system.
- You should click on the program which is causing the issue, then select to uninstall or click on advanced option to reset the application.
You may also read: How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 1328?
Bidding adieu to QuickBooks error 6098 is a little easy once the above discussed steps are performed. However, if in case you have any queries you can reach out to us by dialing our QuickBooks premier support number i.e. 1-888-351-0999!