QuickBooks is highly preferred software that has marked its presence in the accounting industry for the past few years. But being the best doesn’t mean that this software can’t encounter any sort of bugs or errors. Errors can be time-consuming and hamper the productivity of the software. One such annoying error is QuickBooks error 6000 83. You might see this error when you open, restore, or backup your company files.
In this blog, we will be focusing upon the facts associated with the QuickBooks error code 6000 83, and also some of the most effective ways to resolve such error. You might see the following error message on your desktop screen:
However, a quick fix to such error can be dialing our toll-free number and getting in touch with our QuickBooks pro support team at 1-888-351-0999. We own a pool of highly qualified and certified experts, who are known for their round the clock assistance in a single call, that too without hampering the quality of the service they provide.
Read Also: How to resolve QuickBooks error code 6189?
What leads to the QuickBooks Error 6000 83?
Talking about the causes of such error, it can be said that this error can be caused due to numerous reasons. We have jotted down a few of the common factors that might lead to such error.
- In case of damaged company file, such error can be seen.
- Also, if the blocks the QuickBooks file, the QuickBooks users can encounter such type of error.
- When the file extension is not right, the QB users might stumble upon such error.
- If the server is restricted access to the company file, error 6000 83 can be seen.
- Incomplete QuickBooks desktop installation.
- Another reason can be when the security software blocks the access to the QBDataServiceUser.
- The server is restricted to access to the company file.
How to identify such error?
Many times, users might face difficulty in identifying such error. Keeping this in mind, we have come up with the signs and symptoms of such errors:
- When the computer freezes periodically, the user should understand that QuickBooks Error 6000 83 might be encountered.
- Also, in case if the Windows run sluggish or they don’t respond properly to the mouse and keyboard inputs, then there are chances to encounter such kind of error.
- Another symptom can be, when this error message pops-up on the screen and the program window crashes immediately.
See Also: How to fix QuickBooks error code 6000?
Simple Steps to Fix QuickBooks Error code 6000 83
Now that we have explored the symptoms and the causes of the error, it is now time to learn the simple solutions to get rid of QuickBooks error 6000 83. So, let us check out the steps to rectify the error.
Step 1: Check your backup filename
Note: Before proceeding to the solution steps make sure there aren’t any symbols, special characters, or spaces in your backup company filename or the folder holding it. (For example: A filename that needs edits: My Business $.Business-.qbb)
- Firstly you need to open the Windows Start menu.
- After that you need to click on File Explorer into the search option and open the File Explorer.
- Next, search and open the folder with your backup company file.
- Hit a right-click on the file with .qbb at the end of the file name.
- Choose the Rename option. (You backup file will looks similar to as a QBB file).
- Now you need to remove any special characters, symbols, or spaces from the filename.
- After that hit a right click on the folder that is holding to the QBB file and choose the Rename option.
- Ensure to delete any special characters, symbols, or spaces.
- Finally restore your company file.
Read Also: How to fix QuickBooks update error 15215?
Step 2: Download and Run QuickBooks File Doctor tool
- First of all you need to Download and install QuickBooks File Doctor
- After that save it to on your computer.
- Open the file you downloaded. It’s called QBFD.exe. and follow the onscreen steps to install the tool.
- Once the tool successfully installed on your computer run the QuickBooks File Doctor tool.
Step 3: Create a portable company file
If you are not able to restore your QBB file, then we recommend you to go back to the previous step and then open the company file you created the backup from.
- First of all you need to follow the steps to create a portable company file (also known as a QBM).
- After that utilize the portable company file to restore your company file.
Read Also: How to fix QuickBooks update error 404?
Step 4: Edit Windows Host File
- The user might require admin access for editing the windows host file.
- Configure the Linux database server manager
- Restart QuickBooks desktop enterprise on your host computers
- Restore the company file
Step 5: Fixing the QuickBooks 6000 83 error manually
- The very first step to be performed by the user is to Configure the Firewall or the security software setting in the favor of the QuickBooks software.
- Now, verify the permissions to access the company file are obtained.
- After that, the user is required to scan the folder where the company file that has been stored, so that the user is able to create the Network Descriptor (.ND) file.
- The next step is to stop the Multi-user access for the hosting the company file.
- Now, the user is required to make an attempt to open the company file from a location other than the actual one. The user can do this by simply copying the file to any other location and then opening it from there. If this step turns out to be successful, then the user can simply copy it back to the original location.
You may also read: What is QuickBooks error code 1722?
The above-stated one is the simplest method that might help the QB users to get rid of the QuickBooks error 6000 83. In case the user is unable to resolve the error even after following the above steps, then the user can reach out to our 24/7 QuickBooks support team by dialing our toll-free number i.e. 1-888-351-0999.
We own a team of accounting experts and professionals, who will guide you in the best possible way to resolve the error.