Looking for the procedure to fix QuickBooks error code 5502? If yes, then reading this article till the end would definitely inform you with the right steps to fix the issue. QuickBooks error code 5502 is often seen when the third party in the developer application connections to QuickBooks is causing issue. The user can see the following error message on the screen “Error message: QuickBooks data has been uploaded, but failed to connect to the server”.
There can be numerous factors triggering this particular issue, which we have tried to mention in this article. Thus, if you are interested in finding the right set of steps, then read this article till the end, or the user can also get in touch with our QuickBooks support team for any further assistance.
What leads to QuickBooks error code 5502?
The user can end up in such an error due to the following reasons:
- One of the most basic reason can be if there is any grasp through online services
- Or if the company file augmentation has been changes
- Another reason can be if the third party in the developer application connections to QuickBooks
- A slip occurred when downloading the changes created by applications mistreatment grasp online services.
Methods to fix the QuickBooks error code 5502
The user can try performing the below stated set of steps to fix the QuickBooks error code 5502. Let us have a look:
Method 1: Running QuickBooks database server manager
- Under this step, the user is required to click on windows key and then run the QuickBooks database server manager
- After that select add folder and also it will show the browse folder
- The next step is to click on the folder where he/she wishes to store the company file and click on ok tab
- The user will then have to select on scan and later re-open the company file to check the status of intuit error code 5502.
Method 2: Uninstalling and reinstalling QuickBooks application
- The user should first un-install the QuickBooks software
- And then, rename the installation folder
- Once done with that, the user should again re-install QuickBooks desktop and review the state of error.
Method 3: Creating a new folder and copy the company file
- In this process, the user should first create a new folder on the desktop and later copy the company file in recently created folder
- Next step is to right click on the file and also click on rename tab
- The user will then have to modify the file extension to QBM
- After that start QuickBooks application and also repair all portable files
- The user should then rename the extension of the incorrect company file
- Also, restore all the backups
- If the file extension QBX isn’t working, then the user will have to rename it
- The last step is to try to install the latest version of the sync manager.
Method 4: Changing the name of the .nd files
- The user should first open the folder name where the company file is located
- After that in the data folder, the user should look at nd file
- Now, right click the nd file and click on rename tab
- Add old as extension to the end of the file name to rename it
- Also try to rescan the file with the help of the QuickBooks database server manager
- In case the user opens up the company file over the network, then perform this step:
- The very first step is to press windows
- Click on the QuickBooks database server manager
- This will show up the browse the folder window
- The user should click on the same to add the folder
- After that select the file or a folder where the company file is present
- Now, click on ok tab
- And also click on scan option
- The user should then re-open the company file and test it again.
Also Read: How to resolve QuickBooks Error code 7010?
With this, we come to the end of this article, where we hope that the above stated information might be of some help in fixing the QuickBooks error code 5502. However, if for some reason, the user isn’t able to chuck off the QuickBooks error code 5502, then make sure to contact our QuickBooks premier support team at 1-888-351-0999, and our team of professionals will ensure to provide the user with the best possible services available.