Trying to work on your QuickBooks with full concentration and suddenly an error appeared on the screen distracting you and ending the tasks in midway? Well, this is a very much relatable situation, when it comes to QuickBooks software. One such error can be QuickBooks error 6160, which is experienced with QuickBooks premier. This technical snag hampers the work, and also cripples the overall operation of the system. When such an error appears, the system freezes for a couple of seconds or minutes. Even in certain situation, the program might crash completely. You might also experience lock up or deterioration of performance, as a consequence of such an error. This error is said to be a runtime error that falls under the category of the installation error and can be seen when installing QuickBooks related software in the system. If you are also stressed due to such an error, then we are here to rescue you.
Today’s technical write-up is all about QuickBooks error code 6160. Thus, if you are interested in learning the steps involved in fixing such an error, then make sure to go through this segment carefully. Or you can also connect with our accounting personnel at 1-888-351-0999, and they will be more than happy to assist you in rectifying such an error.
You may see: How to Reinstall QuickBooks for Windows using QB Install Tool?
What is QuickBooks error 6160 and what causes it?
Talking about the QuickBooks error code 6160, it falls under the category of installation error or the errors that happen at the time of installing software related to QuickBooks. When this particular error appears, you might not be able to perform the activities on your software and also the system might start running sluggishly. There can be a handful of factors triggering such an error. These factors might include the following:
- One of the basic factors triggering such an error can be if there are a number of OLE controls and add-ons on the web browser.
- Or if the shortcuts are disabled in your device, then you might come across such an error.
- You might bump into similar issue if the operating system configuration is invalid in the system.
- Another reason can be if you aren’t permitted to turn on the software and the hardware requirement.
See Also: How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 1328?
Measures to tackle QuickBooks error 6160
You can perform the below measures, so as to fix the QuickBooks error 6160.
- Start off with closing the QuickBooks application running
- Furthermore, press windows + R tabs at the same time, which would open the run box
- You now have to hit the uninstall/change program option
- Heading forward, you are supposed to choose QuickBooks and also click on uninstall or change
- This will redirect you to the QuickBooks installation window
- Where you are supposed to choose next tab and also click on the radio button against the repair tab
- The repair tab can be located at the bottom of the screen
- You are further required to click on finish tab
- In order to get this installation repaired, all you need is to reboot the system in response to the dialog box that will ask to reboot the system.
It should be noted that the hosting will be turned off, just in case you store the system file locally and using it on this system only.
- Moving ahead, you would have to open QuickBooks file.
- And from the utilities tab, you are supposed to choose stop hosting multi user access.
- Last but not the least, you have to click on yes to complete the task, only if you get the prompt to stop hosting multi user access.
See also: How to Fix QuickBooks – Application with Revoked Certificate?
Well, if you are still facing the QuickBooks error 6160, then all you need to do is to connect with our accounting personnel using our support number i.e. 1-888-351-0999. And our dedicated QuickBooks desktop support professionals will ensure to come up with the most appropriate fixation steps for you.