Facing QuickBooks error code 6000 308 and want to know the right steps to fix this error? If yes, then reading this article till the end can be of much help. This particular error basically belongs to the 6000 series and indicates that the system where the software is running isn’t updated to the latest version. As a result of such an error that user might not be able to open the company file successfully. To find the right steps to fix QuickBooks error code 6000 308, make sure to read this article till the end.
However, if the user wants our experts to fix the QuickBooks error 6000 308 from its root cause, then talk to our technical support professionals using our toll-free and our team will ensure to provide the user with best possible support assistance.
You may like: How to Resolve QuickBooks Payroll Error PS032?
What causes QuickBooks error code 6000 308?
The user can end up in such an error due to the below stated factors. Let us have a look:
- If there is any virus or malware attack, then such an error can be seen.
- Also, if the files are missing, then this error can cause such an error.
- The user can also end up in such an error if he/she has made certain changes in the system.
Steps to successfully fix the QuickBooks error code 6000 308
The user can perform the below stated steps to successfully fix the QuickBooks error code 6000 308.
Process 1: Disabling the hosting with every device where QuickBooks is set up
Steps for single user access
- The user should first move to the file option and select utilities
- Now, select stop hosting multi user access
- After that, when stop hosting multi user access message appears on the screen, then choose yes tab
- Also, after the company file must be closed, then choose yes.
For multi user access
- The very first step is to select file and utilities option on every client computer
- And confirm that the menu option host multi user access is shown
- One or more client system might display the menu option, stop hosting multi user access, which might show they are already hosting multi user access.
- The user should then press stop hosting access, then perform the steps that appear on the screen to turn off hosting.
- After that, try to open the file again. The log in window should now display. If the issue persists, then perform other procedures.
You may also read: How to Resolve QuickBooks Error Code 77?
Process 2: Download and run QuickBooks file doctor tool
- The user should first download the tool from the official website and then run the QBFD.exe file
- After that, the user should ascertain that .net framework is present on the system, then it not then the QuickBooks file doctor setup with download it on its own
- The next step is to perform the steps that appear on the screen and install the software
- After the tool is installed, the user should open the icon from the desktop and run it
- The tool will perform the required steps on its own and fix the issue for you.
Process 3: Try opening the company file and save it on the system
- In this process, the user should right click the desktop screen and move to the new folder
- After that move to the current company file location
- And also, right click the company file and select copy tab
- The next step is to open the new folder and right click and select paste tab
- Press and hold ctrl key and continue pressing ctrl key till no company open window is on the screen
- The user should click on the open or restore an existing company
- Followed by selecting open a company file and click on next
- The next step is to move to the desktop file that was copied in a new folder
- And also click on open tab
- The user should now move to the steps ahead.
See Also: How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 15221?
Process 4: Eliminate the space after the company name and before the company file extension
- The user should first sign out of QuickBooks desktop from each device.
- And then, open to the folder wherein the company file is kept.
- Also, right click on the company file and select rename tab.
- The user should now select the name of the file and also check and remove any spaces between the file extension and the name of the company.
- The last step is to open or create a company file.
- This would hopefully resolve the issue to certain extent.
Read Also: How to Fix QuickBooks Payroll Error 30159?
By the end of this article, we believe that the above stated set of steps might be of great assistance in fixing the QuickBooks error code 6000 308. However, if the user continues to face similar error again and again, then in that case contacting our QuickBooks professionals is recommended. The user can call us at 1-888-351-0999, and our experts will ensure to provide immediate assistance.