Learn how you can fix QuickBooks error code 12029 like a Pro
To make the best use of any computer software – we must keep them updated. Failing to do so may cause a wide range of errors and glitches as well as software may get slow or even stop working. QuickBooks, despite being a state-of-the-art accounting software is no exception. An error may show up at any time – while installing, working, upgrading, and updating it.
Today in this blog post, we are going to discuss an error that users receive while updating QuickBooks Desktop or Payroll i.e., QuickBooks Error code 12029. It’s a common QuickBooks update error that may leave you wondering what went wrong.
You may also read: How to resolve QuickBooks error 15215?
What is QuickBooks error code 12029?
QuickBooks Error code 12029 is a network timeout. This error denotes that QuickBooks is not getting an IP address and servers have a weak connection between them. The backend servers are unable to reciprocate to QuickBooks within the allotted time interval. In this situation, you may have to configure Internet security and system firewall for QuickBooks payroll updates.
Causes of QuickBooks error code 12029
One or more of the following may trigger this error –
- There is an internet connection issue.
- Internet security or firewall is perhaps blocking the connection.
- You are using a different browser.
- The SSL setting may be inappropriate.
- There could be a network timeout.
There are a few other causes as well that may be responsible for this QuickBooks update error 12029. A damaged windows system, a damaged or infected system file or .exe file, and a corrupt file are other major issues that cause Error 12029.
Read also : How to resolve QuickBooks error 17337?
Troubleshooting of QuickBooks error code 12029
You can perform the following steps tested by our QuickBooks experts to resolve this error and resume working. However, you can take help from QuickBooks support team by dialing toll-free 1-888-351-0999 in order to fix the ongoing error quickly.
Solution 1 – Verify internet connectivity
- Internet connection issue is one of the foremost causes behind this update error. Thus, you should start by checking your internet connection setup in QuickBooks.
- QuickBooks software should be permitted and configured to use the internet settings of your system. Select “use my computer’s internet connection” and then click Next and Done.
- Try to complete the update process.
- Move to the next solution if the issue persists.
Solution 2 – Configure SSL settings for Internet Explorer in QuickBooks
In case you are unable to update Payroll, and then start QuickBooks, go to the Help menu and select internet connection settings. Next, make sure that QuickBooks uses the internet connection of the system. Click Next and then Advanced connection setting.
Check internet properties and then click on the advanced tab:
- Verify that Use SSL 2.0 & use SSL 3.0 are verified
- Select Connect and then OK button.
- Close QuickBooks and restart it.
- Click on Help and then update followed by update now.
Perform the given-below steps to configure SSL settings in Internet Explorer outside of QuickBooks:
- Open Microsoft Internet Explorer Browser
- Go to Tools and select Internet Options
- Tap on Advanced tab
- Select the SSL 2.0 and SSL 3.0 checkboxes that can be found below the Security.
- Click Apply and then OK to close the current window.
Solution 3 – Start the System in Administrator Mode
Click on the Start button on the keyboard (or on the screen at the bottom left) and then click on All programs > accessories> system tools> system restore.
- Tap on “Restore my computer to an earlier time” and then tap on next
- From the list, choose the system restore point and click on next.
- Once the confirmation window pops up, click Next.
- Restart your computer and QuickBooks and check if the issue has been fixed.
Read Also: How to Fix QuickBooks printing errors in QuickBooks?
Solution 4 – Update Your Internet Explorer
If the issue is still not fixed even after performing the above-mentioned troubleshooting, you can try our solution number four. Please note that QuickBooks generally uses internet explorer. Thus, make sure that your IE is always up to date to its latest version. Next, start the browser and click on tools.
- Click on internet options and then go to the Security tab
- Click on the Globe icon and set medium-high for security setting
- Tap on the content button to disable content advisor
- Tap on the Connections tab and then choose “Never Dial a Connection”
- Go to LAN settings and tick the checkbox for automatically detect settings
- Keep the proxy checked if the port shown is port 80
- Next, click OK on LAN setting screen
- Tap on Restore advanced setting button and check the boxes to Use TLS 1.0, Use TLS 1.1 and TLS 1.2 options.
- Tap on TLS 1.0 and do a check on the box. Next, uncheck the boxes before Use TLS 1.1 and Use TLS 1.2
- Click OK button and close internet options window
- Restart the computer and QuickBooks
- Check if the problem has been fixed and you can update QuickBooks.
You may also read: How to Fix QuickBooks Banking Error 102?
We hope that you can successfully fix QuickBooks Error code 12029 by performing the troubleshooting steps provided in this article. In case the issue persists, you must immediately contact a QuickBooks authorized expert or our QuickBooks premier support team at 1-888-351-0999. You can also contact us as we best a highly trained and experienced team of QuickBooks experts and we will be glad to offer quick and precise solutions of Error 12029 and all the other QB related issues.