Ways to fix can’t back up your QuickBooks Desktop data file issue with Intuit Data Protect Backup failed:
Seeking for quick fixes to can’t backup with intuit data protect error in QuickBooks? If yes, then your search ends over here, as this piece of writing will brief you with the most relevant strategies in rectifying the Intuit data protect backup failed: firewall or connection error. Often, when the user tries to backup with Intuit data protect and the application can’t access the file which is to be backed up, then such an error might be encountered. The backup failed error appears with the following warning messages:
“Intuit Data Protect Backup Failed: Firewall or connection issue”
“Intuit Data Protect Backup Failed: One of the configuration files is damaged or corrupted”
“Intuit Data Protect backup incomplete: Files did not backup because they were open or not reachable”
Well, in such a scenario, the user can use the below discussed solutions and try getting rid of Intuit data protect to back up the files and folders. An important suggestion that should be kept in mind here, is to try backing up with the Intuit data protect after carrying out each of the solution and head forward only if the error persists. To know more about this error and its related fixation steps, make sure that you stick around the article hereafter.
You might also see: How to Upgrade Internet Explorer to Open QuickBooks Desktop?
Defining Intuit data protect
Before you dig in deep to learn the procedures to rectify can’t backup with intuit data protect error, it is better to have a brief knowledge about what Intuit data protect is all about. Well, Intuit data protect is well known as IDP and is a subscription service by Intuit. This subscription allows the user to backup the essential business information online. What makes it even better is that the backup is taken on secure servers and this service can be integrated with QuickBooks 2016 and later versions. When the subscription of this service is activated, IDP takes the backup of the data automatically at the preferred timing each day. Moreover, it is capable of taking reinforcements of the information to the user accordingly.
There are situations, when this service fails to take the backup, and users often find this situation quite critical to handle. This situation arises due to handful of factors, which we have mentioned later along with the fixes to the same. Thus, let us dive in together to get a better insight.
What stimulates the can’t backup with Intuit data protect error?
As we mentioned earlier, there are a handful of factors stimulating the Intuit data protect backup failed issue, out of which the most common ones are discussed in below:
- The very first reason can be if the operating system uses of some other file instead of NTFS, then this sort of error is probable to happen
- Also, if the ibuenghost.exe process is running on the local user on windows instead of the admin user
- Moreover, if the company file that is to backed up is already open on some other workstation, then this error might be seen
Fixes to can’t back up with Intuit data protect problem
The Intuit data backup failed error can be easily tackled using the below discussed steps and procedures. Let us explore each of the methods one by one:
Procedure 1: Clearing the internet explorer cache, cookies, temporary files, and SSL state
The user can try to fix the issue by clearing the internet explorer cache, cookies, temporary files, and SSL state. The steps involved in this procedure are as follows:
- The very first step is to open the internet explorer
- And then, navigate to the tools and choose the internet options. Also, note that if the user is unable to find the tools on the browser, then it is suggested to click on ALT to unhide the hidden tabs.
- The user is then required to move to the general tab and also select delete option
- Followed by, looking for the following boxes:
- Temporary internet files and website files cookies and website data
- Form data
- InPrivate filtering
- Uncheck the preserve favorites and the website data box
- Now, the user should choose the delete option and then clear the items
- The user is then required to navigate to the content tab
- Lastly, the user needs to choose the clear SSL state and then click on ok tab
Procedure 2: Cleaning the space in the Intuit data protect
If the first method didn’t work in fixing the issue, then another method can be to clean the space in the intuit data protect. The steps involved in here are as follows:
Step 1: To start with, the user needs to checking the intuit data protect version and also ensure that it is updated
Step 2: After that delete the backup folders after downloading the backed-up files first
Step 3: Now, reduce the backup file size, as it would clear the space
- This can be done by right clicking on the data protect icon and then select open intuit data protect
- Followed by selecting change backup settings
- After that, the user should untick on the files and folders that the user doesn’t need to backup
- Moving ahead, the user needs to hit on continue tab and then see exit backup settings
- The last step is to try to backup once more
Procedure 3: Ensuring that IBuEngHost.exe isn’t running as a windows user
IBuEngHost.exe is needed to run as a system user for Intuit data protect to work in a proper manner. The Steps involved in this particular process are as follows:
Step 1: Ensuring that the file is running as system
- Here, the user needs to right click the windows taskbar and also choose the start task manager
- The next step is to select the details tab and also look for IBuEngHost.exe. Also, the user should ensure that it has the user name as system and the status is running
Step 2: IBuEngHost.exe isn’t running as system
- Under this, the user needs to download a new installed for QuickBooks version. The user should note that the user needs to save the file where it can be spotted easily
- After that, navigate to the location where the installer was saved
- Now, the user should right click the installer and select run as admin
- The next step is to proceed with the re-installation process
- The user is also suggested to look for the IBuEngHost.exe in the task manager and also ensure that the status is running and also the user name is system
- The last step is to try backing up with Intuit data protect
Procedure 4: Using Intuit data protect diagnostic tool
The intuit data protect diagnostic tool can help in fixing the issue. This tool assists in checking the system’s memory, disk space, windows components and intuit data protect version. Moreover, it also tests whether the user is able to connect to the backup service or not. The steps to be carried out in this are as follows:
- Firstly, the user should right click the bank with intuit data protect icon and then choose about intuit data protect option. This would look like a green padlock
- The next step is to press Ctrl + F2 keys to open the intuit data protect diagnostic tool
- Also, the user should select run diagnostics. If the diagnostics tool detects an issue with a firewall or third-party security software, the user will require to reconfigure the software to permit access to intuit data protect files
- For further information related to configuring the security software and hardware, the user should check manufacturer’s website, and then add the following files for exceptions
- C:\Program Files(X86)\Common Files\Intuit\Data Protect\IntuitDataProtect.exe
- C:\Program Files(X86)\Common Files\Intuit\Data Protect\IbuEnghost.exe
- C:\Program Files(X86)\Common Files\Intuit\Data Protect\QBIDPServices.exe
If the tool detects any issue, an error window will display on the screen.
Reading this piece of information might have helped you in getting rid of the can’t backup with intuit data protect issue. However, if you bump into the same error again, then discuss regarding the same with our QuickBooks desktop pro support team at 1-888-351-0999.