When it comes to one of the widely used accounting software, QuickBooks is the name that strikes everyone’s mind. This software has smoothened the complex accounting and bookkeeping tasks. QuickBooks has managed to dominate the accounting world over the past few decades. Talking about QuickBooks remote access, it is considered a secure server through which the users can access their PC from any other system. This can be easily done with the help of a strong internet connection. The QuickBooks remotely function enables the QuickBooks users to access their email, documents, and other things anywhere. Intuit QuickBooks remote access has a lot more to offer to the users.
Today’s article is entirely based on the process to access QuickBooks remotely. Thus, to know more QB users can go through the article till the end. However, for expert assistance, you can make a call to us at our toll-free QuickBooks support number i.e. 1-888-351-0999.
You’ll also like: How to manage accounting reports through QuickBooks Pro version?
How beneficial is QuickBooks remote access?
If you haven’t opted for QuickBooks remote access yet, then you are missing a lot of benefits. The benefits of QuickBooks remote access are as follows:
- QuickBooks remote access allows the users to print documents from the remote PC to a local printer with much ease.
- Another benefit of QuickBooks remote access is that it allows to copy and paste between PCs both local and remote.
- Coming to the next benefit, it saves the cost and time of travel of the accountants.
- Also, with this server numerous users can work together on the same file of QuickBooks.
- The clients or managers can easily track the QuickBooks desktop activities.
You may also read: How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 1328?
Process to Setup the QuickBooks remote access
The steps involved in setting up QuickBooks remote access are as follows:
- The very first step in this process is to sign up for QuickBooks remote access on the Intuit website.
- After that, the user is required to launch a web browser on the system, from which the user is trying to access QuickBooks remotely and log into the account on the QuickBooks remote access website.
- The next step is to click on the Set up computer, in order to download the remote access tool installation file. After which, the user has to move to the downloaded file double-click it.
- Moving to the next step, the user is required to enter the system name in the Nickname field and then tap on the Next option.
- Once done with that, the user is supposed to place the check mark next to the options. This would help to initiate each time the user log in the remote session.
- In the next step, the user is required to place a checkmark next to the applications to access remotely on this computer. The user can select the option according to their need and then tap on the Next option.
- For the authentication option to use, the user is required to check the box. The user can go for a passcode or make use of the phone number.
Note: It should be noted that the passcode permits to enter the passcode in the login page at the time when the user access QuickBooks remotely. Whereas, the phone number options needs to make call and prompt for the access code each time when the user login. After entering the relevant information, the user is required to hit the Finish tab.
Remote access options for QuickBooks
Following are the options for accessing the remote access for QuickBooks.
1. Hosting QuickBooks desktop on cloud
Talking about QuickBooks desktop hosting on the cloud, Intuit allows authorized hosting of QuickBooks desktop software on the third party servers. The authenticated users can access the QuickBooks installed on the server of hosting providers from anywhere over the internet. The features of desktop software can be availed by the users, along with the cross-drive operations.
Not only this, the users also get an edge, as there is no need for any effort with the installation or maintenance of the software.
2. Switching to QuickBooks online
QuickBooks online is a sure shot solution that works entirely on cloud. The user can easily access this server from any device having a strong internet connection. Depending on the plan opted by the user, the number of users may vary.
3. Making us of QuickBooks remote access tool
The next in the list is QuickBooks remote access tool. It allows the QuickBooks users to connect to the system that contains QuickBooks desktop. If you want to copy file from local system, print files on the remote server via a local printer, access QB data folders, etc, then it is all possible with this tool.
Read Also: How to Fix QuickBooks Error 1904?
Steps to accessing QuickBooks desktop remotely
The steps involved in remote accessing QuickBooks are as follows:
- The very first step is to launch a web browser on the remote system and then log in to the QuickBooks remote access website.
- Once done with that, the user is required to check the box that contains the computer nickname, followed by click on to Connect option.
- The next step in the process is to authorize the desktop with the help of the require information. Once done with all the concerned formalities, the user is required to head to the next step.
- Now, the user is required to tap on the Remote access drop-down menu and then hit the option that says End QuickBooks remote access session.
Along with some great features, the stringent security measures define QuickBooks remote access. We end this article here, with the hope that the information provided in the article might be of some help in accessing QuickBooks remotely. Following the steps enumerated above, will ensure smooth remote access to QuickBooks.
If in case any of your doubts remained unanswered, or if the user faces any kind of difficulty in accessing the server, then do not hesitate in getting in touch with our QuickBooks premier support team. Just make a call at our toll-free number i.e. 1-888-351-0999, and our dedicated team of experts and professionals will help you to do away with all kinds of QB associated problems.