Facing QuickBooks error code 401 and didn’t know what can be done to fix it? Well, need not to worry; reading this post till the end will definitely help. The QuickBooks error code 401 is basically an unauthorized request in QuickBooks and can be tackled using a couple of steps that we will be discussing later. It appears on the screen when signing in to the company file or accountant toolbox.
The user can also face similar issue when registering during QuickBooks installation or at the time of sending an invoice with QuickBooks payments. It comes up on the screen stating “The remote server returned an error: 401 unauthorized. Request is unauthorized”. Read the article till the end to find out the steps to fix such an error with much ease. Or the user can also contact our QuickBooks support team at 1-888-351-0999 for any further assistance.
Methods to Fix QuickBooks error code 401
Fix this issue possible by performing the steps to update the QuickBooks software to the latest version. This process involves the following step. But before that, the user should press no tab and close the error message window that appears at the time the error occurs on the screen. Once done with that, the user can continue with the steps below to install the latest version.
Step 1: Setting up automatic updates
The user can set automatic updates and save a lot of time. The steps involved in here are as follows:
- At first, the user should move to the help menu and also select update QuickBooks desktop
- The next step is to move to the update now tab and also choose the reset updates checkbox and also clear all the previous update downloads
- The user should then select get updates to start with the download
- Once done with that make sure reboot the system
- And accept the option to install the new release
Step 2: Scheduling future updates (automatic)
One can schedule updates making this easier, and the update will take place on its own.
- For this, the user should move to the help menu and also select the update QuickBooks option
- Once done with that head to the options tab
- After that select yes to turn on automatic updates
- It is suggested to share automatic download to other system on the network
- Select yes for each system
- Click on close tab
Step 3: Manual updates
If the user isn’t comfortable with automatic updates and wants to perform the steps manually, then the below steps can be of great help:
- At first, the user should close the company file and QuickBooks
- Once done with that, open windows start menu
- And also, the user should look or QuickBooks desktop
- Right click the icon and also select run as admin
- The user should then head to the help menu when on no company open screen and also click on update QuickBooks
- Now, move to the options tab and also select mark all and then select save tab
- The next step is to head to the update now tab and also select the reset update checkbox
- Now, select get updates
- This will update the software to the latest updates
With this, we come to the end of this article expecting that the reader might be able to fix the QuickBooks error code 401 successfully by updating the system to the latest release. However, if for some reason you aren’t able to, feel free to contact our QuickBooks support team at 1-888-351-0999, and we will provide you with immediate support assistance.