QuickBooks condense data error is seen when the user tries to condense large files. The company file size increases and hampers the performance of the program. This is when QuickBooks condense data utility can be used. If you are also facing any such error, then reading this article till the end will surely help. In this article, we will be discussing the causes and fixes to QuickBooks condense data error. However, if the user is looking for any sort of technical assistance, then talking to our QuickBooks support team at 1-888-351-0999 will ensure to provide immediate assistance.
Read Also: How to resolve QuickBooks error 80029c4a?
What causes QuickBooks condense data error?
The user can end up in such an error due to the below reasons:
- One of the major causes can be if there is possible damage or corruption to the company file
- Another reason ca be if the QuickBooks log file is damaged
- The user can also face such an error if QuickBooks application or condense data utility isn’t updated
- Also, if the company file is located on the other system in a multi user environment
- In case the system storage is insufficient
Methods to fix the QuickBooks condense data error
The user can perform the below set of steps to fix the QuickBooks condense data error.
Method 1: Change the name of QBWIN.LOG file
- The very first step is to open the QuickBooks folder having the QBWIN.log file present from within the C drive
- After that, the user should right click the file and also choose rename tab
- The last step is to add old at the end of the file name and also save the changes
Method 2: Make use of QuickBooks file doctor tool
- In this method, the user should close QuickBooks application
- After that, the user should download the QuickBooks tool hub
- And perform the onscreen steps to install it
- The next step is to double click and open the tool hub
- After that run the QuickBooks file doctor tool from the tool hub and wait for the tool to scan and fix the company file damage and corruption
- The last step is to finish the process depending upon the size of the company file
See also: How to fix QuickBooks error code 1321?
Method 3: Start windows in safe mode
- The user can first restart windows and then press F8 key before the boot screen shows up
- The next step is to select safe mode and hit enter tab
- Lastly, the user should open QuickBooks and also run the condense data utility
Method 4: Fixing negative entries in QuickBooks company file
- The very first step is to move to QuickBooks install folder and then open QBWIN.log file
- After that move to the bottom in the file and look for the error and type of the error in the text
- The user will now see the text in the file which will indicate the transaction and entries that are having a negative value or any other type of issue
- Also, note down the invoice number and look for the same in the company file
- The next step is to make required changes to the value of the transaction or the entry and then save the file
- The user should try to condense the company file again and check if the company file is fixed or not
You may also like: How to Fix QuickBooks Error 6150, 1006?
By the end of this article, it is expected that the reader might be able to fix the QuickBooks condense data error. In case the user is facing such an error even after performing the steps above, then in that case contacting our QuickBooks support team at 1-888-351-0999, is suggested. We are a team of professionals who work round the clock to provide best possible support services.