For many years, QuickBooks has proved to be the No.1 accounting software in the market. It is accepted by all types of business owners. QuickBooks renders the best tools in bookkeeping and maintaining all the business accounts. QB software always comes with various new features and different advancements in its versions. But some technical constraints can hinder its access.
Here in this article, we will learn about one of the common errors found in QuickBooks i.e. QuickBooks error code 6147, 0. We will discuss all the related causes and will also deal with the necessary solutions. This post includes the methods to resolve the errors regarding the process. You can take help from our QuickBooks desktop support team at 1-888-351-0999. All our professionals are Intuit certified ProAdvisors and are capable to resolve all your hinders.
You may also like: How to Access QuickBooks desktop remotely?
About QuickBooks Error code 6147, 0
This error code is very common among the QB users. You may also this error very often while operating QuickBooks. The error code 6147 is a part of the error series 6000. This error generally occurs when you try restore or backup the QuickBooks file. Sometimes, it can also arise when you try to open the company file.
You may see the following error message on your desktop screen:
Error code -6147,0 when attempting to open my company file or a backup file.
Symptoms to find QuickBooks error 6147, 0
Given below are some points through which you can recognize the error code:
- You will not be able to get in your company file.
- Getting an Error message on your screen
- Slow access to the software.
- You are not able to restore your backup file.
What Causes QuickBooks error 6147, 0?
There are many reasons responsible for this error in the software. These are listed below:
- When you restore backup file from an external drive or a network drive.
- Corruption in the . ND or. TLG extensions
- Damaged .QBW file
- Incorrect folder permission to the folder in which you have QuickBooks company file
- QuickBooks company file is opened by a mapped drive that might have got deleted or the path no longer exists.
See Also: Resolve QuickBooks error code 9000?
Easy Steps to Resolve the QuickBooks Error 6147, 0
Some simple and easy methods to resolve this error are given below:
Method 1: Install and use QuickBooks file doctor tool
The QuickBooks File doctor tool can easily fix the errors of the QB software. It scans the software and resolve all the errors.
Method 2: Make back-up files at a different location
- Ensure that the hosting of the system is not performed.
- Click on the File menu and then select Utilities.
- If the Stop Hosting Multi-User option is there in the list, follow the given steps-
- Stop the Hosting Multi-User access.
- Click Yes on the window shown. Wait for the next window to open.
- Click Yes with company file closed.
- Restore with the backup file present on the system.
Method 3: Configure Trend Micro Active Scan settings
- Find the company’s file location.
- Press Ctrl and then double click on QuickBooks and do not disturb the company file.
- Make sure that Company’s file should be on the top. Then, choose the company file.
- The file list will open that would display the location of the file.
- Open the scan settings of the Trend Micro active scan and select the folder and add it to the exception.
You may also read: Resolve QuickBooks error code 15106?
Method 4: Repair .ND and .TLG file
- Open the folder that has your QuickBooks company file.
- Go to .ND and .TLG file.
- Right click on these files and rename it to .ND old and .TLG old.
Method 5: Rename ADR file as QuickBooks Working file
You can use QuickBooks auto data recovery to rename the data files and restore the deleted data files in QB desktop.
- Open the folder with the QuickBooks company file.
- Search for QuickBooks .ADR folder
- Open the folder and see for recent ADR file
- Right click on that file and rename it to .qbw
Read Also: How to resolve QuickBooks error code 15221?
Definitely, the above steps and procedures will prove to helpful for all the users to resolve the QuickBooks error 6147, 0. We hope that users will easily manage to understand the above information given in this article. This post consists of the perfect procedure to solve this error. This article clearly makes you aware of all the errors that you may face and how to fix them.
Here, we are winding up this article with a belief that you will show trust in QuickBooks and will follow the solutions given in this post. If you anytime face any query, Contact us on our QuickBooks premier support number i.e. 1-888-351-0999 and get connected to our tech experts.