Experiencing errors in QuickBooks is quite common, for the reason that it is loaded with functionalities. The errors can be either related to the network, company file, software update, etc. Every error in QuickBooks is unique and is caused due to unique set of factors. However, one can try performing a certain set of steps that would help in eliminating the issue permanently. Today, we are going to discuss QuickBooks error code 6094,0 in detail. The major cause behind the occurrence of such an error can be when the third-party antivirus program blocks the software. The third-party security program includes PC tools internet security, AVG Antivirus, and SpyHunter malware blocking QuickBooks.
If you are facing similar issue and want to learn the quick fixes for the same, then in that case reading this piece of writing will surely help. You can also take assistance from our 24*7 QuickBooks tech support professionals at +1-888-351-0999 and they will help you with eliminating the issue permanently.
What is QuickBooks Error Code 6094, 0?
As this error starts with 6XXX, it belongs to the 6000 error series, which is usually related to the company file. This error usually indicates that QuickBooks has failed to launch the web database. The same issue can also be triggered due to the security program updates. This error code appears on the screen with a warning message that states: Warning “An error occurred when QuickBooks tried to start the database server that manages access to the QuickBooks company file. Error (-6094,0)”. Let us understand the factors triggering this issue in detail, along with the fixes for the same.
See also: How to tackle out QuickBooks Error 1723?
What triggers the QuickBooks error code 6094?
You can end up in such an error due to the following reasons:
- One of the basic reasons can be SpyHunter/malware blocking the software.
- Or if there is any Anti-virus software causing the issue
- The user can also experience a similar issue if there are erroneous Internet security settings.
You may also like: How to Resolve QuickBooks Error Code 1334?
Procedures to Troubleshoot QuickBooks Error 6094, 0
Eliminating the errors in QuickBooks becomes easy with the steps and procedures elaborated in this article. To understand better, make sure to go through the procedures carefully.
Procedure 1: Clean Install QuickBooks Desktop Application
Often clean installation of QuickBooks tends to eliminate the issue permanently. Performing the steps involved in clean installation can help you resolve issues related to the company file. The steps involved in this process are as follows:
- Start with downloading and installing the QuickBooks Tools Hub.
- Post that, run the tool hub from the desktop icon.
- Under the tool hub, click on program installation issues.
- Now, you are required to reinstall the program and also choose QuickBooks clean install tool and abide by the onscreen steps.
- Later on, reboot the software and check if the issues are rectified.
Procedure 2: Eliminating QuickBooks files from the list of blocked files
You can simply remove the blocked files from the list using the steps stated below:
- Simply start with launching the SpyHunter software.
- Click on the System guard.
- You are then required to choose the User added tab and then look for the QuickBooks files.
- After that, set the QuickBooks files status as Allowed.
- In case you are unable to find the QuickBooks files, head back under the Added tab.
- Further, verify PUP.
- In case you find any QuickBooks file in the list, then Set its status to allowed.
- Set the status as allowed if you found the QuickBooks files blocked under PUP.
Read also: Steps to Fix QuickBooks error code 401?
Procedure 3: Configure the AVG antivirus
Configuring the AVG antivirus can help the user in preventing the QuickBooks files from being scanned and ending up in such errors. The steps involved in this process are as follows:
- Initiate the process by closing the QuickBooks Desktop and then opening AVG Antivirus user interface.
- Once done with that double-click the Resident shield.
- Later on, go for Manage exceptions.
- Moreover, opt for the Add path option, followed by navigating to C:\Program Files\Intuit.
- Note that if QuickBooks is installed in a different folder, then adding that folder path is suggested.
- Now, click on OK and Save changes.
- Note that it is necessary to Restore all QuickBooks file that AVG Anti-virus quarantined.
Check if the files are quarantined
- Here, you are required to open AVG Antivirus user interface and hit on History.
- Now, go for the Virus vault and locate any QuickBooks file that has been quarantined. Example: qb.exe, qbw32.exe, qbdbmgrn.exe, qbdbmgr.exe.
- Head to the required files, and choose to Restore and close.
- Lastly, open QuickBooks.
Check for any renamed files in the installation directory
- Start with closing QuickBooks.
- Now, look for the path C:\ program files\Intuit\ QuickBooks for the rename files in the install directory that were renamed. Example: QBDBMGRN_AVG_RESTORED.
- Change the name of the file to the Original name.
- And, open QuickBooks desktop.
Related Article: How to Troubleshoot QuickBooks Error code 1625?
Procedure 4: Repair QuickBooks desktop software
Under this method one can try repairing the QuickBooks software to get rid of such an error permanently. The steps be performed are as follows:
- To start the process, close all the unnecessary programs interfering with the QuickBooks software.
- Also, restart the same.
- Make sure to have the Backup of the QuickBooks company file.
- Head to the Start menu and open the Control panel.
- Go for Programs and features in the control panel.
- Uninstall any program which is not needed.
- Pick the QuickBooks program from the list and hit on the Uninstall and change option.
- Click on the Continue tab and then choose Next.
- Move to the Repair option and click on next.
- Now, wait until the repair process completes.
- Click on the Finish tab and reboot the PC.
- Conclude the process by downloading the latest payroll tax table and also the QuickBooks latest version.
Procedure 5: Check PC Tools Internet Security
You can try performing the steps related to checking the PC tools for internet security to eliminate this issue. Let us check out the steps involved here:
- Start with heading to the Settings menu
- And go for Quarantine.
- Choose Necessary items to restore, followed by selecting Restore.
- Also, opt for Yes and hit the OK button.
Setting up exceptions to prevent the QuickBooks directory from being scanned.
- Here, go for the Settings option from the PC Tools Internet Security menu.
- Now, select the Global action list. Follow it up by choosing the add to select the Files to be excluded from scanning.
- Hit the OK tab to end the process.
Procedure 6: Restore QuickBooks files from quarantine
There are chances that somehow your antivirus recognized QuickBooks as a threat and thus transferred critical QuickBooks executable files into the Quarantine folder. Here you can perform the below steps and try eliminating the issue.
- The very first step in this process is to head to the History from the program’s dashboard.
- Click on the Virus vault.
- You need to now look for the file starting with ‘qb‘ and then choose the same.
- Go for the Restore option.
- And lastly, click on Close.
Procedure 7: QuickBooks Updates
In none of the above steps helped in eliminating the issue from its root cause, make sure to perform the steps related to updating the software to the latest version. The steps to be performed here are as follows:
- At first, launch the QuickBooks Desktop software.
- Now, move to the Help tab.
- Also, choose the QuickBooks Desktop Update option.
- The next step is to click on the Update Now option.
- Go for the Get Updates option.
- The upgrade process may take some time.
- Lastly, hit on Close and re-open QuickBooks to check whether the error code 6092 got uprooted.
Now that you know what factors trigger such issues and what steps you can perform to eliminate this issue permanently, it is time to implement those steps and make sure to get rid of QuickBooks error code 6094, 0. On the contrary, if you aren’t able to eliminate the issue using the set of steps discussed above, then in that case, consulting our QuickBooks error support professionals at +1-888-351-0999 is recommended. You can also ask our team for assistance if you are stuck at any point in time and unable to deal with any sort of QuickBooks-related issues. We are a team of certified QuickBooks professionals who work round the clock in providing immediate support services.
More Other Helpful Articles: