Looking for a comprehensive guide to fix company file error 6143? This article can be of great assistance in successfully fixing QuickBooks error code 6143. This particular error is experienced because of a malfunction within the company files. The user might find this error to be very much annoying, as it keeps displaying on the screen when users try to focus on the work. Another reason for facing such an error can be corrupted or deleted entries within the windows registry.
In this article, we will be talking about the steps in fixing the QuickBooks error code 6143. Thus, make sure to read this article till the end, or the user can also contact our support team for any further assistance.
You may like: How to Troubleshoot the QuickBooks Error 3003?
What causes QuickBooks error code 6143?
The user can end up in such an error due to the below stated factors. Let us have a look:
- One of the reasons can be if there is presence of corrupted entries within the windows system files.
- Another reason can be an incomplete installation.
- The user can also face such an error if the business banking isn’t getting connected worked previously.
- Also, when a new credit card or account number is provided, the bank reconnects QuickBooks account and bank account together, which might lead to such an error.
- The user can end up in such an error when he/she tries to reconnect.
Steps to resolve the QuickBooks error code 6143
The below stated methods can be used to fix the QuickBooks error code 6143. Let us have a look:
Method 1: Launching the company file locally
This particular method would help in testing if there is issue with the location of the company file. If the user is able to launch the company file when it is saved on the desktop, then it would indicate that the location is damaged. However, if the user isn’t able to access the company file even after changing the location, then in that case, the company file might be damaged.
- The very first step is to launch the folder in which the company file is saved
- After that, look for the file that has the extension
- The next step is to right click on the file
- And also copy and paste the company file
- The user should press control key to open QuickBooks
- And choose no company open window
- The user should select open or restore an existing company.
- The last step is to shut down all the processes.
People also search: How to Fix QuickBooks Error 539 (Runtime Error)?
Method 2: Shut down the processes running at the background
- Initially, the user should log in to the system as admin
- And then, press ctrl + shift + esc keys to launch the task manager
- After that, select the users tab to display processes for all users
If the issue continues, then there can be chances that the location of the saved file doesn’t have the right permission.
Method 3: Launch the sample company file locally that is installed on a workstation
- In this process, the user should choose open a sample file in the no company open window.
- And then, choose a sample file from the list of the files.
- In case the sample file displays, then the user should continue to launch the file locally.
- And later on, reinstall QuickBooks desktop.
Method 4: Download repair utility
- The user should download and install repair utility
- And also choose scan option
- Next step is to select fix errors after the scan is completed.
- Also, reboot the system
Method 5: Removing spaces from the company file name
- This process requires the user to log out and exit QuickBooks every workstation and server in the network
- After that, the user should open the QuickBooks installation folder on the server where the QuickBooks company file is saved.
- Now the file is located at C:\Users\Public\Public documents\Intuit\QuickBooks\company files
- The next step is to right click the company file and choose rename option
- Also eliminate any spaces in the company file name and the company file extension
- After that open QuickBooks and perform the same operation that caused the issue.
You may also like: How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 392?
Method 6: Configuring antivirus and firewall ports
In case the antivirus and firewall methods are blocking the connection, the user might end up in such an error. Thus, the user can try to configure the firewall ports and arrange an exception to the antivirus software. This would resolve the issue up to certain extent.
This drives us to the end of this article, where we hope that the information shared in above might help in fixing the QuickBooks error 6143. However, if the user isn’t able to fix the error even after performing the steps mentioned in above, then talking to our QuickBooks pro support team will surely help in fixing the error from its root cause. The user can call us at 1-888-351-0999, and speak to our experts with immediate assistance.