QuickBooks error code 15104 can be pretty much tricky, as it is seen when the windows registry entry is damaged or in case there is any damaged QuickBooks update. Also, note that the damaged windows registry is regarded as the major cause behind the occurrence of QuickBooks error 15104. If you are facing any similar error, then in that case reading this article ahead, will ensure to provide you with the information related to the factors causing such an error, and also the rectification steps.
However, if you don’t want to tackle out the QuickBooks update error 15104 issue on your own, then in that case, contact our QuickBooks professionals at 1-888-351-0999, and they will provide you with immediate support assistance.
You may see also: Solve QuickBooks Multi-user mode not working error
What leads to QuickBooks error code 15104?
The following can be the factors causing the QuickBooks error 15104:
- Just in case the user is using QuickBooks in single user mode
- Also, if there is any damage in windows registry
- Another reason can be corruption during installation
- Or incomplete QuickBooks desktop installation
Essential factors to remember
The following can be the factors that can hold importance to get rid of the QuickBooks error 15104. Let us have a look:
- In case the user is using multi-user mode, then he/she is recommended to change the single user mode right away. And also make sure that the mapped location is correct. The points to remember are:
- Press ctrl + 1 keys
- Open the product information window
- Select help and update QuickBooks option
- The last step is to click on the option tab and ensure that the information in the download location is appropriate.
You may also like: How to Resolve the QuickBooks Error 1310?
Steps to fix the QuickBooks error 15104
Following can be the steps used to get rid of the QuickBooks error 15104. Let us have a look:
Method 1: Using a third-party cleaner program
- At first, the user needs to download and install a third party cleaner software on the system
- After installed, it is suggested to run the software on windows. The application will scan the system and if it finds any issue in the registry entry, the it will fix it
- Make sure that your system is backed up and rebooted
See this also: How to Rename the Qbprint.qbp file in QuickBooks Desktop?
Method 2: Install and uninstall QuickBooks in selective startup mode
Step 1: The user will have to prepare the data
- The user needs to create a backup of the company file
- Keep ready a copy of the QuickBooks desktop product and license information
Step 2: Start the system in selective startup mode
- To open the run command, press windows + R keys.
- In the dialog box type misconfig and then click on ok tab
- Move to the general tab and select selective startup and load system services
- After that move to the service tab and select hide all Microsoft services
- Select disable all option
- Ensure that the hide all Microsoft services are unchecked
- From the list of services, ensure that the windows installer checkbox is selected
- Click on ok tab
- Choose restart on the system configuration window
Step 3: Perform a clean install of QuickBooks desktop
Try to uninstall and re-install QuickBooks desktop. This process is termed as clean install QuickBooks desktop.
Read Also: How to Fix QuickBooks Payroll Error PS058?
Step 4: Go to normal start up mode
- To open the run command, press ctrl + R keys at the same time
- Type misconfig and then click on ok tab
- Select normal set up in the general tab
- Click on ok tab
- Select reboot on the system configuration window
Method 3: Accomplish system restore
This is the last method, that one can opt for, to get rid of the QuickBooks error code 15104. The steps involved here are as follows:
- At first, the user would have to open the system restore window on the system
- Select the restore point
- And click on option scan for affected programs
- Click on next and finish tab to complete the process
Also, note that the system restore would not affect in any way the personal files in the system.
Read it also: How to Resolve QuickBooks Payroll Error 15311?
Getting rid of the QuickBooks error code 15104 can be super easy, if you are well versed with the steps above. However, if you are unable to fix the issue even after performing the steps above, then in that case, contact our QuickBooks premier technical support professionals using our toll-free customer support number i.e. 1-888-351-0999. Our team will provide you with immediate tech support.